Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
I'm a pool owner. AMA
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 12:15 pm
amother Burgundy wrote:
If you rent it to men too, do you find that they leave behind a bigger mess then women? Do you find men or boys damage things around your pool way more often than woman?

Yes and no. Some women's groups also leave a huge mess when they leave. Most people clean up after themselves though

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 12:18 pm
amother Burgundy wrote:
What's the average amount of hours that steady renters book it for. 1 hr? 2? All day? What amount of time do you find works out best for the renters in general.

Who do you find is more interested in renting.
Mom, Dad and kids
Friends getting together
Friends getting together along with their kids
Married Sisters
Married sisters and kids
Bochorim
Parties

Do you have a limit on how many people you allow at one time in the pool/pool area?

Average is 1.5-2 hours. But I've had people book for 4-5 hours too

The steady groups are usually friends, weekends are families and couples, weekday afternoons are usually bochurim/ families and sometimes groups of girls.
Parties are usually at night, but those don't happen every day and not every week either.

I have a limit but I don't necessarily stick to it. I try to be very accommodating

amother
Blueberry

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 12:32 pm
If someone wants to host a mixed party (men and women) would you be ok with that?

Who cleans up after the people leave? If its you isn't that exhausting to keep cleaning up after people multiple times a day.

Do you have a camera in your pool area?

Have you had incidents where people got hurt in the pool?

I wish I'd have a pool! Enjoy yours!

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 12:41 pm
Re insurance

I think Swimply insures homeowners

Check it out.

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 12:44 pm
amother Blueberry wrote:
If someone wants to host a mixed party (men and women) would you be ok with that?

Who cleans up after the people leave? If its you isn't that exhausting to keep cleaning up after people multiple times a day.

Do you have a camera in your pool area?

Have you had incidents where people got hurt in the pool?

I wish I'd have a pool! Enjoy yours!

I wouldnt feel comfortable allowing a mixed party if men and women are in the pool together, but there's honestly no way of me to know that unless they tell me beforehand. I don't ask who people bring to the pool, and it's really none of my business.

I usually ask my renters to clean up after themselves, and for the most part they do. But when they don't its part of the daily maintenance, and I am getting paid for it.

I don't have cameras in the pool area

Bh no one got hurt at my pool. There was an incident of a parent jumping in to get a kid that didnt know how to swim and went to the deep end, but nothing happened to the kid bh. I keep on davening that nothing should ever happen at my pool.

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 12:44 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
Re insurance

I think Swimply insures homeowners

Check it out.

That's true, but my pool isn't listed there for various reasons.

amother
NeonGreen

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 12:50 pm
Most people do not make as much money renting out their pool.

OP I have a niggling feeling I know who you are. The person I am thinking of is pretty busy with taking bookings, it's like any part time job. She is also in the business field, so she treats this like any other business, and advertising usually costs money but the person I know has an "in" in the field and probably doesn't pay as much on that end. She is also a people's person with lots of connections, so many people get to hear about her pool. The pool is absolutely beautiful and clean and it's always been a pleasure to rent out her pool.

amother
  Broom

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 12:58 pm
amother NeonGreen wrote:
Most people do not make as much money renting out their pool.

OP I have a niggling feeling I know who you are. The person I am thinking of is pretty busy with taking bookings, it's like any part time job. She is also in the business field, so she treats this like any other business, and advertising usually costs money but the person I know has an "in" in the field and probably doesn't pay as much on that end. She is also a people's person with lots of connections, so many people get to hear about her pool. The pool is absolutely beautiful and clean and it's always been a pleasure to rent out her pool.

I know several people who match op's description so I guess it's not that unusual... I wouldn't count on knowing who she is.

amother
Ebony

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 12:58 pm
Deleted

amother
  Coffee  

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 1:20 pm
amother OP wrote:
I'm not, and I never offer to be on lifeguard duty for that reason. It's on my to do list though.

I do watch my kids, and they all know how to swim besides for my baby - but I give them lessons as soon as they turn 4 or are tall enough to reach the floor

Sorry but I dont get this
You should be a knowledgeable certified lifeguard if you have a pool and watch your kids

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 3:44 pm
Where I live. Most of us have pools.
My neighbor decided to be nice. Let his family members use the pool when he wasn’t home. He didn’t charge them. Think cousins or some such.
Well, one of them fell. An adult. And hurt herself pretty badly. They wanted to sue my neighbors insurance. Offered to split the proceeds of the lawsuit.
Thankfully they didn’t sue. But that was the last time he let anyone use his pool.

amother
  Tuberose

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 3:55 pm
Is it legal to rent out your pool in this way? I’m a BT and never heard of anyone doing that until I moved to one of the large frum communities on the east coast.

mha3484

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 3:58 pm
Swimply in my OOT Midwest city has tons of pools for rent that are not owned by jews.

amother
Brickred

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 4:03 pm
amother Coffee wrote:
You should be a knowledgeable certified lifeguard if you have a pool and watch your kids

Lol I grew up in Miami where everyone had a pool and this is just not a normal expectation. Kids learned how to swim well from a very young age and people are more aware of water safety but nobody gets lifeguard training for their pool.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 4:03 pm
amother Coffee wrote:

Most people I know that have pools aren’t certified lifeguards

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 4:07 pm
amother Brickred wrote:
Lol I grew up in Miami where everyone had a pool and this is just not a normal expectation. Kids learned how to swim well from a very young age and people are more aware of water safety but nobody gets lifeguard training for their pool.

And a huge amount of the tragedies that happen with drowning in our community have been in Miami.

I grew up with a pool, and hope to have a pool, but pretending that it is a safe thing to have in a home is dishonest. I see it like a car - incredibly dangerous, but the pro's ( the lifestyle that it offers) out way the risk.

amother
Cyan  

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 4:10 pm
amother Azure wrote:
Wow. The only times we get to swim as a family are friday afternoons and sundays, can't imagine giving that up. Wish there was a way to rent it out for during the day on weekdays only Smile

You should look into swimply. You can block out any times you don’t want to rent it out.

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 4:23 pm
amother Chocolate wrote:
And a huge amount of the tragedies that happen with drowning in our community have been in Miami.

I grew up with a pool, and hope to have a pool, but pretending that it is a safe thing to have in a home is dishonest. I see it like a car - incredibly dangerous, but the pro's ( the lifestyle that it offers) out way the risk.

Heard from someone who lives in Miami that anytime there's a story of someone drowning there it's always a visitor, not someone who lives there, because everyone who lives there makes sure their kids know how to swim.

amother
Daphne  

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 4:29 pm
amother OP wrote:
I'm loving the assumptions here.
My husband actually did his research. I don't know anything about our insurance policy because I wasn't the one that took care of getting the policy. We also have plenty of enter at your own risk signage that is very visible when you enter the pool area.

Not to beat a dead horse, but you really should check with your homeowners insurance policy. I know you said your husband took care of it. Why don’t you just call and confirm?
Let them know that you rent out your pool for money and make sure that your homeowners insurance policy will cover.
Better safe than sorry.
Yes I am an attorney.
No, I am not providing legal advice.
All the best have a safe enjoyable summer.

Maryann

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 5:25 pm
Do you report this income?
Page 6 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics