Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
I'm moving. Help!!(

amother
OP

Post Yesterday at 9:55 pm
I'm moving. Any advice or recommendations?
Regarding packing, unpacking or the actual move. Tia

mfb

Post Yesterday at 9:56 pm
No advice but good luck! It should be with good mazal and I hope it’s to a better place!

amother
Honeydew

Post Yesterday at 9:58 pm
Assign each room a color. Buy a bunch of color duct tape and put the assigned room color on the outside of each box. Before the movers get to the new house put a sign on each door which color boxes should go where. That way when you unpack all the boxes are in the right rooms.
Use your towels pillows and blankets to wrap up your glassware or fragile items. Mark those boxes with fragile stickers so the movers know to be careful with them.

Hatzlachah!!

amother
Carnation

Post Yesterday at 10:04 pm
amother Honeydew wrote:
Assign each room a color. Buy a bunch of color duct tape and put the assigned room color on the outside of each box. Before the movers get to the new house put a sign on each door which color boxes should go where. That way when you unpack all the boxes are in the right rooms.
Use your towels pillows and blankets to wrap up your glassware or fragile items. Mark those boxes with fragile stickers so the movers know to be careful with them.

Hatzlachah!!

Are you me? This is literally the advice I give everyone. The color duct tape is life saver! We did as we packed each box.

Debbig

Post Yesterday at 10:07 pm
amother OP wrote:
I'm moving. Any advice or recommendations?
Regarding packing, unpacking or the actual move. Tia

Throw things out.
Purge as much as you can.

amother
Burntblack

Post Yesterday at 10:10 pm
Also leave out a bag with necessities for your first night there—sheets, toothbrush etc. also now they sell these huge moving bags that seem better than boxes for many things- https://a.co/d/2UkVK0D

amother
Beige

Post Yesterday at 10:24 pm
Only use recommended movers
Above advice all great
Hatzlocho!!

amother
Chocolate

Post Yesterday at 11:18 pm
Moving is so stressful!

For dishes put paper towels between them and then wrap well with shrink wrap. Much more protected and stable than using just paper towels or regular towels.

Seforim also wrap with shrink wrap, it's too heavy for boxes.

Do as much as you can in advance.

It's great to clean out of the things you no longer need, but you might find yourself making too many decisions. If it's too overwhelming just pack it up and take it along.

nursemomma

Post Yesterday at 11:50 pm
Pack whatever you can in advance. And then pack some more.
There is A LOT of stuff (and I throw out stuff all the time). The packing will feel endless, but you’ll get there Smile !

amother
Aubergine

Post Yesterday at 11:53 pm
number each box and keep a list of the box numbers with a short description of the contents. when you are looking for something after the move you can just refer to the list to know which box you need to open.

Mimir

Post Yesterday at 11:57 pm
Now is the time to not pack stuff things you never used. Throw them out!!!
I moved last when I was pregnant in my 9th month (with twins) didn't do a thing though...

Brit in Israel

Post Today at 3:09 am
I second numbering each box and have a list with basic details for each number.
As soon as you move just unpack into whatever space there is even if you aren't sure if you want it in this or that cupboard, afterwards you can rearrange but the longer you are in boxes the harder it is to settle.

Keep a suitcase for the first night and morning stuff for you and your kids. Pyjamas, toothbrush and paste, blankets, paci, hairbrush, set of clothes, towel.
Set the kids beds up the first so wherever you are upto with unpacking, they can get to sleep on time.

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Today at 3:12 am
Instead of using towels order foam sheets for dishes the easiest way to pack them. For seforim there are special smaller sizes boxes to use.

amother
Strawberry

Post Today at 3:17 am
Don't forget to eat!! You'll be in a lot better mood while packing.
They say One of the biggest "couple issue triggers " is moving. It's important to try and keep calm, and If something lands up in the wrong room it's ok.
I spoke to DH before and told him I can't have the pressure of unpacking within a week. I knew I couldnt handle it. It took a month but he was very understanding.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Today at 3:24 am
Valuables: pack separately and store with friends or family. Once you moved pick it up yourself.

amother
Rainbow

Post Today at 3:25 am
Choose a distinct color for each space in your new home. Gather an assortment of vibrant duct tape and label the exterior of each container with its designated color. Prior to the movers’ arrival, affix a sign to each entrance detailing where the color-coded containers should be placed. This will streamline the unpacking process and ensure items are sorted correctly.

For delicate items such as glass pieces, utilize your towels, cushions, and blankets for wrapping. Be sure to label these containers with "fragile" stickers, indicating to the movers that they require extra caution.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating