Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Rodan and Fields MLM scam

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 1:57 am
The minute I heard about it I knew it was a MLM. Never understood how others didn’t see it. They’re now cutting 300,000 people out of jobs! It’s terrible!!! Came on here to see what others thought of it.

groisamomma

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 2:07 am
Link?

amother
Viola

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 2:12 am
amother OP wrote:
The minute I heard about it I knew it was a MLM. Never understood how others didn’t see it. They’re now cutting 300,000 people out of jobs! It’s terrible!!! Came on here to see what others thought of it.

My thoughts are: good riddance but I do feel bad people are scrambling now.

Mlms like Rodan and Fields are notorious for scamming thousands of women. The only way to make real money is by taking advantage of other women and convincing them to shill for you.

So, yes I feel bad but also not really.

People will have to find more honest sources of income now. I was happy that this scam is over when I heard the news awhile back.

amother
Birch  

Post Tue, Oct 15 2024, 11:32 pm
What infuriates me most is that all those people selling Rodan and fields by swearing that the products are gold all moved onto the next scam. All of a sudden shaklee became the greatest products available. Are these people not embarrassed???

sequoia

Post Tue, Oct 15 2024, 11:36 pm
No, they are not, because anyone who gets involved in MLM, whether shaklee, mary kay, or any other, is either stupid or unscrupulous and probably both.

Trademark

Post Tue, Oct 15 2024, 11:39 pm
amother OP wrote:

If it's a MLM I highly doubt it's 300k jobs. Probably mostly "associates" or " consultants" or whatever they call them, who were probably not making any money anyways.

amother
Jean

Post Tue, Oct 15 2024, 11:39 pm
What happened? It's obvious its a scam but someone ik was always posting, took a break and posted a different one, and today posted again

amother
Sienna

Post Yesterday at 12:19 am
amother Birch wrote:
What infuriates me most is that all those people selling Rodan and fields by swearing that the products are gold all moved onto the next scam. All of a sudden shaklee became the greatest products available. Are these people not embarrassed???

So much this! I actually bought some R & F products from someone (she’s a good saleswoman) and now she’s all into shaklee, I just don’t trust her opinion on anything anymore.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Yesterday at 12:21 am
Let’s include Arbonne.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Yesterday at 12:26 am
What's the scam cab someone explain? What's happening with Rodan & Fields?

DrMom

Post Yesterday at 12:31 am
Never heard of them, but 300,000 jobs sounds like an exaggeration. From their Wikipedia page, it seems their entire employee count is less than that.

amother
Latte

Post Yesterday at 12:38 am
amother DarkCyan wrote:
What's the scam cab someone explain? What's happening with Rodan & Fields?

The product isn’t a scam. R&F was a MLM up until a few months ago. The way people make money in an MLM is by becoming a salesperson and then recruiting other people to be salespeople. They get a commission from every sale that a salesperson they recruit makes. The salespeople that the original salesperson recruited also want to make passive income, so they recruit people too. The original salesperson get commission off that too. The cycle goes on. The people at the top are making a ton of money, the people at the bottom are just making sales off their own commissions.

R&F stopped being an MLM. Salespeople are no longer getting commissions from the sales that people they recruit make. So it’s no longer a passive income source. People who spent many years recruiting salespeople went from earning tens or hundreds of thousand a month to only earning their measly commission off sales they make. So they’ve left R&F and many are now joining a different MLM called Shaklee.

This is what I’ve surmised from my online research. Don’t know firsthand.

amother
Marigold

Post Yesterday at 1:59 am
I'm confused, Shaklee isn't new. It's been around for so many years. Doesn't MLM work with the idea that the sooner you join the better?
Also I'm sure some of their products are good. I know some people love Shaklee, and I may have used R and F products when they were still called Proactiv and it was good. So it's not like the actual product is a scam.

amother
  Birch

Post Yesterday at 8:02 am
The products may not be a scam but the way the consultants sell the products when they are making a commission like it's the best thing since sliced bread. Now that they aren't making their commissions with one company they moved onto the next company that's Gods gift. Isn't it embarrassing for them? I literally cringe for them every time I see the identical sales pitch with the new brand. Tomorrow it'll be a third. Should we be trusting their opinions when it's all dependant on their pockets?

amother
Snapdragon

Post Yesterday at 9:19 am
I also want to bring awareness to people that forever living aloe products sales are also an MLM scam.

tf

Post Yesterday at 2:34 pm
sequoia wrote:
No, they are not, because anyone who gets involved in MLM, whether shaklee, mary kay, or any other, is either stupid or unscrupulous and probably both.

How is Shaklee a scam?

justforfun87

Post Yesterday at 2:39 pm
TBH the woman I see selling these products are usually a bit socially off.

amother
Skyblue

Post Yesterday at 3:10 pm
amother Marigold wrote:
I'm confused, Shaklee isn't new. It's been around for so many years. Doesn't MLM work with the idea that the sooner you join the better?
Also I'm sure some of their products are good. I know some people love Shaklee, and I may have used R and F products when they were still called Proactiv and it was good. So it's not like the actual product is a scam.

I think some R and F former sellers were able to bring their downlines (aka people selling underneath them) along to their new MLMs. So they’ve still got people selling underneath them as long as they’re convinced them to sell the new product.

I am not a fan of the MLM model, most people who sell lose money unless they’re at or near the very top.

LovesHashem

Post Today at 1:02 pm
amother Snapdragon wrote:
I also want to bring awareness to people that forever living aloe products sales are also an MLM scam.

It's an MLM but I enjoy some of their products still. The products are good, the practices aren't.

amother
RosePink

Post Today at 3:55 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
It's an MLM but I enjoy some of their products still. The products are good, the practices aren't.

Agree, I have a bunch of neighbors selling it and the products are great. I would never start selling it, but I don’t mind purchasing and using it. The lip balm is gold. Saves me each winter.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics