Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
How much would you pay for this service?
Previous  1  2

amother
Dill

Post Yesterday at 5:11 pm
I think the guy in my town who does it charges $25 or $30. He has very low overhead (the equipment which doesn't need to be replaced all that often). No storefront. He has a set distance he travels for free and beyond that he charges something.

amother
  Maize

Post Yesterday at 5:14 pm
amother Peachpuff wrote:
Our Barber started doing this during Covid and we have been having him come to our home ever since. It’s definitely a very nice convenience and I love that. I haven’t been in a barbershop in years but honestly, if the rates were super high, I probably would consider it too much of a luxury to be worth it. We pay him $30 per kid which is about eight dollars more than at the barbershop and again I have five boys so that means he’s making $40 extra in total for the house Call.

Even though he has to travel to you, I think he’s coming away with more than $40 extra because he isn’t paying for the location and all that comes with it (rent , electricity, maintenance, the decor and furnishings, insurance etc ). There are a lot of businesses that come to you for example tire change, and I always wonder how they don’t charge so much more and I realized they’re much more profitable not needing a building

amother
Azure

Post Yesterday at 5:30 pm
$25 plus travel time, friends how far. So if few people in one house travel time would be same one price

effess

Post Yesterday at 5:37 pm
We pay $20 for simple boys haircut.
I’d for sure spend the extra for travel time as sometimes I have four hair heads to cut. Especially that they’d waste time waiting for each other. This way, it’s haircut and straight into the shower, no parent needs to spend an hour out of the house after arranging sitter for the littles. Win win!
Great idea!

amother
  Iris

Post Yesterday at 5:40 pm
amother Maize wrote:
Even though he has to travel to you, I think he’s coming away with more than $40 extra because he isn’t paying for the location and all that comes with it (rent , electricity, maintenance, the decor and furnishings, insurance etc ). There are a lot of businesses that come to you for example tire change, and I always wonder how they don’t charge so much more and I realized they’re much more profitable not needing a building

The tire company we called charged astronomical. It was 3x regular price when we called.

Oil change also charges way more than regular oil change. Like $90 for small car oil change. (I know someone who owns such a company. Besides for trucks he still has to pay for a warehouse, storage, parking lot. There is a lot of overhead - a barber would have less).

amother
Caramel  

Post Yesterday at 6:41 pm
I think by men the world of status is the best place to advertise -
He should give a few free haircuts to the status bloggers and get his name out there
Rooting for you!

amother
Rainbow

Post Yesterday at 7:04 pm
I'd pay 40 for a men's haircut and 25 for each of my boys. Every six weeks, that's $100 so it adds up for him and us. Plus, he has little to no overhead so it would be a good deal on both sides. From us alone, he'd make cash of approximately 900. Very worthwhile for his efforts.

amother
  Caramel

Post Yesterday at 7:21 pm
amother Rainbow wrote:
I'd pay 40 for a men's haircut and 25 for each of my boys. Every six weeks, that's $100 so it adds up for him and us. Plus, he has little to no overhead so it would be a good deal on both sides. From us alone, he'd make cash of approximately 900. Very worthwhile for his efforts.

for a house call I would charge more

rockland

Post Yesterday at 7:57 pm
I think its an amazing business/service idea. As it has no overhead, why not start tomorrow and feel your way out...Maybe start with one neighborhood chat "barber will be in the neighborhood doing housecalls "Monday Evening" with a promotional special for 1 haircut for $30, 2 for $50...if price is low enough a few families will do it...worth low price for little traveling time within a neighborhood. A business like this is referral based..it can take off quickly for the right price, if they like the service. The positive about boys haircuts, you need them very often...every 4/5 weeks.

Dolly Welsh

Post Yesterday at 9:06 pm
Not legal to charge for giving a haircut without a barber's license.

He can apply - Google where.

Great idea though.

:)iknowit

Post Yesterday at 11:22 pm
I spent over $200 for a barber to come to the hall where we had our upsherin in Brooklyn. He was there for 15- 20 min.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Yesterday at 11:29 pm
I think you can charge 30 a head plus one 15$ at home fee (or more if it’s far).
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics