Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Moroccan Salmon Prep Help

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 15 2024, 4:10 pm
I'm planning to make this salmon to serve warm at some meals. I do want to prepare at least the sauce in advance. https://jamiegeller.com/recipe.....cipe/
What would be the best way to prepare it? I only have a stovetop on Yom Tov.

Option 1: Prepare the sauce now, heat it on Y"T and cook the fish. Pro: the fish will be freshly cooked. Con: The recipe calls for dipping the fish into a mixture, then adding the rest of the mixture to the sauce. That would be a patchke to do every time I want to serve it.

Option 2: Prepare it all now (or would tomorrow be better?), and warm it up on the fire. Pro: I can cook it all now. Con: How do I warm it up on the stovetop without overcooking? How long will this last in the fridge? I really really like my food freshly cooked.

I'm only planning to serve this first days.

amother
Leaf

Post Tue, Oct 15 2024, 4:30 pm
There is no need to dip the fish into the spice mixture so id either make the sauce ahead and reheat it and cook fresh on the stove or cook the whole thing before chag and reheat in whatever portions I need for that meal it will be just as good. I find since it’s in a liquid it reheats just fine.

tweety1

Post Tue, Oct 15 2024, 5:11 pm
I made Moroccan fish This yt. I made the sauce yesterday. Baked it today and will rewarm on yt. I made my own recipe.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen