Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Prep ahead freezable chicken recipe?

amother
OP  

Post Wed, Oct 09 2024, 10:28 am
Looking for recipes for chicken that freezes well, raw. Chicken cutlets, not chicken on the bone. Something saucy. Maybe sesame chicken?
Anything aside from prepped breaded Shnitzel?
Thanks!

bakingmom  

Post Wed, Oct 09 2024, 11:27 am
I have a pineapple chicken recipe, I can post it later if you want. You basically coat chicken pieces in flour (whatever size you want, I usually do nugget size but could do full size shnitzel) and fry them, then bake with a sauce. (pineapple juice, sugar, ginger, soy sauce, vinegar and a couple of other ingreds, cant remember it fully). I usually fry them in advance and freeze with sauce on to heat up on yt.

Let me know if you want me to post the recipe.

ETA just noticed you want to freeze it raw. This is partially cooked but not fully, lmk if you still want it.
I freeze shnitzel roll ups raw with sauce and bake fresh.

amother
Dustypink

Post Wed, Oct 09 2024, 11:30 am
bakingmom wrote:
I have a pineapple chicken recipe, I can post it later if you want. You basically coat chicken pieces in flour (whatever size you want, I usually do nugget size but could do full size shnitzel) and fry them, then bake with a sauce. (pineapple juice, sugar, ginger, soy sauce, vinegar and a couple of other ingreds, cant remember it fully). I usually fry them in advance and freeze with sauce on to heat up on yt.

ETA just noticed you want to freeze it raw. This is partially cooked but not fully, lmk if you still want it.

I make this without frying the chicken first.

amother
  OP

Post Wed, Oct 09 2024, 11:39 am
bakingmom wrote:

How does the pineapple chicken reheat? Is it soggy?
What’s inside your Shnitzel roll ups

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Oct 09 2024, 11:53 am
I would love the recipe! Please post if u can! Ty!

bakingmom

Post Thu, Oct 10 2024, 9:39 pm
Sorry, forgot to post the recipes last night. I dont find the pineapple chicken gets soggy, I have my oven on on yt, so I heat it in the oven. I sometimes put it in the oven straight from the freezer.

Pineapple chicken:
Coat chicken shnitzels (can cut them small to goujon/nugget size, or leave them big) in flour and fry lightly for a few minutes each side. Put in oven proof dish, and pour sauce over it:

1/4 C sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp cornstarch
2/3 C pineapple juice (from a can - put the pineapple pieces round the chicken)
1/3 C vinegar
1/2 tbsp soy sauce
1/4 tsp ginger

to make sauce - combine sugar, salt and cornstarch, add the rest of the ingredients and boil. Pour over chicken and bake for about half an hour (depends a bit how big the pieces of chicken are).

For shnitzel roll ups, I either fill them with a bit of chopped meat or I make a 'kishke' mix of flour, garlic powder, paprika and water (recipe says oil but I dont see the point of the oil, so use water) and shmear the thinly cut shnitzels with that. Roll them up and put in foil pan, crowded. Use a pan thats not too big, so they stay all rolled up (I line the pan first with baking parchment). I usually freeze raw, sometimes with the sauce on top sometimes I add the sauce just before baking. You can use duck sauce, but we prefer this sauce:
about half a jar apricot jam
heaped tbsp onion soup mix
2tbsp mayo
Mix sauce ingredients and shmear over the roll ups, bake for an hour (or 2 hours if you are putting it from the freezer into the oven).

Beteavon !!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics