I am SAHM and enjoy yomtov  
 14%  [ 27 ]
I am SAHM and struggle  
 17%  [ 32 ]
Total Votes : 183

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 15 2024, 9:36 am
I’m wondering if there’s a correlation between working mothers and enjoying long Yomim tovim and stay at home mothers struggling with many days home with the kids. What do you think?

mha3484

Post Tue, Oct 15 2024, 9:40 am
I work and I love yomtov. The leisurely mornings and not having to make my kids go to school or go to work are the best. Being able to spend more time with my kids, read, socialize. Its just very restorative.

amother
Thistle

Post Tue, Oct 15 2024, 9:44 am
I work from home and have an intense schedule and love love love YT
I love having a break from my phone. It’s such a bracha.
Took me time to realize how clear and good I feel after shabbos and yom tov as opposed to days using devices and not feeling clear and connected to myself
I used to struggle with phones and keeping shabbos properly

Ruchel

Post Tue, Oct 15 2024, 9:51 am
amother OP wrote:
I’m wondering if there’s a correlation between working mothers and enjoying long Yomim tovim and stay at home mothers struggling with many days home with the kids. What do you think?
my mom says so

amother
Milk

Post Tue, Oct 15 2024, 9:52 am
I work, but I wish I could be a sahm so YT is the best time of year to me!

amother
Pistachio  

Post Tue, Oct 15 2024, 9:54 am
amother Thistle wrote:
I work from home and have an intense schedule and love love love YT
I love having a break from my phone. It’s such a bracha.
Took me time to realize how clear and good I feel after shabbos and yom tov as opposed to days using devices and not feeling clear and connected to myself
I used to struggle with phones and keeping shabbos properly

Omg are you me. Literally every detail of this is true for me too.

amother
Mimosa  

Post Tue, Oct 15 2024, 10:04 am
I definitely enjoy a 2 day YT.

But the end of 3 day I’m definitely ready to go back to work!

(BH I work full time)

amother
Calendula

Post Tue, Oct 15 2024, 10:07 am
I am an introvert and kind of love to escape to work every day with my cup of coffee and no kids to bother me. Yom tov can get pretty intense with the fighting, overload of food and sugar and lack of proper schedule. Its hard.

amother
Carnation

Post Tue, Oct 15 2024, 10:08 am
The yontif when I have help from family with my kids I enjoy it much more , RH I was myself with my kids Dh in shul most of the day BH not complaining, but it was a challenge

amother
Blueberry

Post Tue, Oct 15 2024, 10:08 am
I am a sahm. I love and enjoy yt and I struggle. There is a lot of hard work involved and I get exhausted and overwhelmed but I do enjoy and look forward to yt as well.

justforfun87

Post Tue, Oct 15 2024, 10:10 am
I work full time as well and LOVE shabbos/YT once it is here. I also realize I am fortunate to live in a community where I have friends and my kids have people to play with. I can completely understand how people who are isolated with children may struggle. We are also very active in our shul. I actually go through a "down period" on Sundays going back to the daily grind.

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Oct 15 2024, 10:12 am
I always loved your tov until...I had children. Maybe mine are more intense than others but Yom tov (and shabbos) is definitely non stop total overwhelming. When it's over I quickly clean up and hide in my room to recoup. I wish it was different. I do my part. Emotional prep. Well stocked cooked clean house....but

BaltoMom65

Post Tue, Oct 15 2024, 10:27 am
I've been a sahm with kids always home and I've worked full time- love love love YT

amother
Ultramarine

Post Tue, Oct 15 2024, 10:29 am
I enjoy it but I’m usually not home and I have only a small baby. My mother works and she really struggles

tweety1

Post Tue, Oct 15 2024, 10:31 am
I love the idea of not having to wake up kids and rush to busses! I can't get enough but then kah having them home for so long with no schedule-not looking fwd. I'm sahm.

amother
Lemonlime

Post Tue, Oct 15 2024, 11:08 am
I'm working and I struggle, but mostly still enjoy YT. Dh helps a lot.

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Oct 15 2024, 11:17 am
I work and I enjoy yom tov. What does struggle me?
Is it hard to balance cooking and working and shopping and laundry? sure.
I like routine too. I can't really vote. I also really like that we have a Sunday to get the house back in order before a work week.

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Oct 15 2024, 11:25 am
I love the cooking and hosting and Yom tov spirit. I enjoy not having to get everyone out on busses.
I have very challenging children who cannot go to shul so I do burn out on that level.
I am a WAHM.

amother
Trillium

Post Tue, Oct 15 2024, 11:41 am
I work full time in a demanding profession, and I love Shabbos and yom tov. I look forward to them all week. I am recharged socially, emotionally, spiritually on these days.

HonesttoGod

Post Tue, Oct 15 2024, 12:57 pm
I used to struggle with yt. I would get extremely anxious and nervous and the preparations would exhaust me.
I only worked part time then and was home a lot more.

These days I am working full time and I love yom tov. I’ve also worked on my anxiety to be less stressed.
The preparations are hard I won’t lie. I’m usually exhausted but I love the days off , my husband is home and helping me with the kids and I’m just so much calmer and relaxed without work.

3 day yt was amazing for me.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics