Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Succos
How should I paint my sukka? Update/pics page 2
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Hosta  

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 5:45 pm
OP, it's really beautiful.
I feel so bad pointing this out but there is a Halachic issue of drawing the sun and moon. Maybe ask you Rav
https://torah.org/torah-portio.....yera/

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 5:50 pm
You’re so talented!
I wish I had patience and ability to do something like that!

amother
  OP

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 5:57 pm
amother Hosta wrote:
I feel so bad pointing this out but there is a Halachic issue of drawing the sun and moon. Maybe ask you Rav

Interesting, I’ve never heard this before about pictures like these (most are ideas I saw on Torah u’mesorah worksheets) but I will ask. The end of the article gives me hope that it’s not a problem:

Quote:
But once a picture (or a photograph) of an image of the sun, moon or stars has already been drawn or painted, it is permitted to leave it in one’s domain; there is no obligation to destroy or get rid of it. [This applies to depressed or flat images only; a protruding image of a celestial body may not be kept in one’s possession.] Thus, if a picture of the sun, moon or stars appears in a book or a newspaper, one need not cut it out.

Simple1  

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 6:44 pm
It’s beautiful. Such a good idea

Simple1

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 6:50 pm
Quote:
Interesting, I’ve never heard this before about pictures like these (most are ideas I saw on Torah u’mesorah worksheets) but I will ask. The end of the article gives me hope that it’s not a problem:

Quote:
But once a picture (or a photograph) of an image of the sun, moon or stars has already been drawn or painted, it is permitted to leave it in one’s domain; there is no obligation to destroy or get rid of it. [This applies to depressed or flat images only; a protruding image of a celestial body may not be kept in one’s possession.] Thus, if a picture of the sun, moon or stars appears in a book or a newspaper, one need not cut it out.

Don’t know if it’s a problem or if the following would solve it. But maybe you can make a cloud out of which the sun and moon are peeking.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 6:55 pm
amother Hosta wrote:

These images and drawings are used for learning about brias haolam, the parsha, the shvatim and ushpizin.

They are all over our sukkah decorations.

OP I wouldn't be concerned. They are there to connect to the YT of sukkos.

amother
  Hosta

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 7:30 pm
Don’t know if it’s a problem or if the following would solve it. But maybe you can make a cloud out of which the sun and moon are peeking.[/quote]

Using a cloud to partially block the image would definitely be a solution. I actually developed a Parsha curriculum for a school with worksheets and the Menahel I worked for taught me this halacha and told me to draw the sun peeking out from the cloud...
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics