Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
What would you think?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 2:14 pm
We live in a very populated area BH, and my kids have literally dozens of friends on the block. I bought multiple activity kits with thousands of pieces so they can share with all their friends, and they spend hours every day doing it with anyone who wants, literally giving away the parts (arts and crafts, jewelry, stuff like that). I also invite over all the kids who want to come for shabbos party, lunch when there's no school, I end up with random kids joining us for dinner, we send out snacks for anyone who is outside playing, and when the weather is bad we end up with easily 12+ neighborhood kids playing and reading indoors on our couches. Everyone is sweet, the kids all share and seem well behaved when I'm around, and when I'm not outside with them, there's usually another adult there. The neighborhood moms have all commented how nice it is that the kids get along.

Well, until now.

Recently a mom came over and yelled at my kids that they aren't sharing with her kids. I didn't see it, but my kids were very upset at the situation. My kids said they don't understand why she is upset, that they do share. The saga continues a week later, when her kids informed mine that they can't come to our house for lunch (I served pizza for nearly a dozen kids) because their mother doesn't like us and doesn't trust me.

The funny thing is that I've never even met her! Would you think that this woman has issues? Should I try to contact her or should I just let this go? what would you do?

Molly Weasley

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 2:28 pm
If she's the only one, it sounds weird, and just let it go. Can you speak to the other women in your community?
Is she new to the community?

Cheiny

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 2:41 pm
amother OP wrote:
We live in a very populated area BH, and my kids have literally dozens of friends on the block. I bought multiple activity kits with thousands of pieces so they can share with all their friends, and they spend hours every day doing it with anyone who wants, literally giving away the parts (arts and crafts, jewelry, stuff like that). I also invite over all the kids who want to come for shabbos party, lunch when there's no school, I end up with random kids joining us for dinner, we send out snacks for anyone who is outside playing, and when the weather is bad we end up with easily 12+ neighborhood kids playing and reading indoors on our couches. Everyone is sweet, the kids all share and seem well behaved when I'm around, and when I'm not outside with them, there's usually another adult there. The neighborhood moms have all commented how nice it is that the kids get along.

Well, until now.

Recently a mom came over and yelled at my kids that they aren't sharing with her kids. I didn't see it, but my kids were very upset at the situation. My kids said they don't understand why she is upset, that they do share. The saga continues a week later, when her kids informed mine that they can't come to our house for lunch (I served pizza for nearly a dozen kids) because their mother doesn't like us and doesn't trust me.

The funny thing is that I've never even met her! Would you think that this woman has issues? Should I try to contact her or should I just let this go? what would you do?

Yes,I’d assume the problem is the mother, and unfortunately she’s ungrateful as well. You have plenty of other kids enjoying your home, your kids and your generosity so that’s further proof. You don’t need someone like that ruining things for you…

flowerpower

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 3:22 pm
Some people never grow up! Then they pass it onto their kids. Then their kids suffer. Really really sad! The mom definitely has issues

amother
Red

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 3:34 pm
The mom prob feels jealous that you’re able to do this and that the kids gravitate to your house and kids.

teachkids

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 3:38 pm
sounds to me like this mom doesn't let the kids go play independently like everyone else, so they couldn't come play with your kids kit, and mom either misunderstood or just wanted to be mad that they weren't able to join because they were home

oneofakind

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 3:38 pm
Strange. First you aren't sharing when you do and then we don't want to take from you?
Ignore. Someone is missing a screw.

#Happymom

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 4:21 pm
Wow. You are amazing to be doing all that!

amother
Snapdragon

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 5:46 pm
There's a lunatic in every crowd. Ignore.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children