Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Healthy teen can't get through fast
Previous  1  2  3

amother
  Tomato

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 12:51 pm
I took time release caffeine, Tylenol, and electrolytes pills. I also drank and ate very well for 3 days before. BH I fasted great, with nursing newborn.

tf

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 1:38 pm
amother Obsidian wrote:
What is the treatment
I felt nauseous, I thought its dehydration?

Maybe it actually is dehydration. I don't know. Each to their own. No generalization here. But if for you it's dehydration, then that's what your focus needs to be when you try to find solutions.

amother
  OP

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 2:30 pm
I spoke to the pediatrician today and she asked me if he's thin. I told her that he is, so she said many thin teens have a hard time fasting because they don't have enough reserve and their blood sugar drops when they fast. She wants to see him in her office to check his height and weight and will decide then if he needs blood work.

I am 99% sure it's not a panic attack. On 17 Tammuz he was craving pretzels right after the fast, so I think low blood pressure is more likely, probably triggered by dehydration. Low blood sugar is also a possibility. I'll wait and see what the doctor says. We have an appointment on Tuesday.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 3:18 pm
It’s concerning that he used to fast well and that changed. Also the recent dizziness. Please look into his thyroid hormone levels. A family member had similar symptoms and they ended up being diagnosed with a serious thyroid related disease and needed it removed. BH they are completely fine now and married with children. But hopefully that’s not it!
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics