Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Soup
Lets talk about chicken soup!
Previous  1  2

care4u

Post Today at 6:52 am
sweet wrote:
I dont freeze chicken soup, its literally the easiest shobbas food to cook.
I throw everything in a pot and cook low and slow. And bh as my family grew, I have people that eat fresh soup thurs night- sunday night.
Even my 1 year old..

Same.
I use lots of chicken bones
Lots of onions, carrots, celery.
1 squash, 1 parsnip, 1 turnip

And a boneless chicken top for the kids who like chicken ( I don't like bones floating around).

Cook fresh Thurs.
For YK I'm going to put up before I go to sleep so it's super fresh for tomorrow.

watergirl

Post Today at 6:58 am
The main thing for me is a whole chicken in my soup. When I do it with parts or just bones, it's not the same at all. This is how my mother did it, it's how she taught me. The weeks I use just thighs everyone complains that it's not the same.

I put a bag of carrots, celery, a whole onion, and a whole sweet potato. Season with salt, garlic powder, and onion powder. Bring to boil, lower to just a tiny hint of a simmer, leave for many hours and add more water as needed. The color is clear and golden every week.

Freezing - no way, the carrots are not edible (for us, no one likes it) that way. I make a fresh soup every Friday, usually chicken soup.

Weirdly, when I make it in an instant pot, I use just bones and a thigh or two, but I add dill and zucchini. I do this if I really don't have time or money for a whole chicken, so this is really the end of the month kind of soup.

Gingy3

Post Today at 7:01 am
ez-pass wrote:
Make fresh every week
Chicken bones in mesh bag
Onion
Carrot
Celery
Parsnip
Turnip
Parsley
Dill

Cook up for a bunch of hours.

When ready add zucchini and sweet potatoes and cook till soft. That way they don't fall apart.

Just salt

Yum
I just put chicken bones in mesh bag
carrots onions, parsnips all cut in half
salt and pepper
In the crockpot for over 24 hours
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics