Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Nobody wants this- Netflix
Previous  1  2

amother
Almond

Post Yesterday at 12:24 pm
I watched the first episode and gave up.

Yet another TV show/movie showing how all Jewish women are so unattractive that cute, nice Jewish men (even Rabbis!) have to marry non Jewish women. Sad

And when there is an actual Jewish woman being portrayed, she is played by a non Jew.

Just watching She Said, which has a Jewish journalist in it - the actor who plays her is not Jewish. Of course.

amother
Seablue

Post Yesterday at 12:53 pm
I just watched the first 15 minutes or so. I don't care so much about who plays the Jewish women or if they're negatively portrayed, but it was just not a funny or fun to watch show.

Felt like the writing was a combination of the worst of SATC and Gilmore Girls. Both those shows were cheesy, but both also had a certain strong charm. They also both did something new and different. This show has the cheese factor, but not the charm, and feels derivative in 2024.

Nowithstanding the above, there were a few lines that I thought were very funny as written, but the delivery was awkward.

I may get tomatoes for this, but I thought the rabbi's Jewish non-fiancee/ex was the funniest, even though she was negatively portrayed so far.

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Yesterday at 1:03 pm
Just binge-watched this show, since home sick and bored.
It was amusing but also awful at the same time.
Don't like the way many of the characters were presented. Or Judaism in general. Bottom line: cute but stupid.

fmt4

Post Yesterday at 1:23 pm
amother Almond wrote:
I watched the first episode and gave up.

Yet another TV show/movie showing how all Jewish women are so unattractive that cute, nice Jewish men (even Rabbis!) have to marry non Jewish women. Sad

And when there is an actual Jewish woman being portrayed, she is played by a non Jew.

Just watching She Said, which has a Jewish journalist in it - the actor who plays her is not Jewish. Of course.

His Jewish ex girlfriend is gorgeous and everyone keeps saying how pretty she is. She is played by a Jew. Which Jewish woman in the show is played by a non Jew?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics