Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays
What age do you not do laundry on Chol Hamoed

keym  

Post Today at 1:34 pm
Im just curious.
And also curious as to your community.

Our Rav is very makpid on no laundry on Chol Hamoed - not even tossing things in a kids load, and no linen unless you've used every gross camp sheet in the closet

But age, he's very vague. Depending on the child.

So I'm curious what you hold and what community you're from

Molly Weasley  

Post Today at 2:03 pm
He's vague because technically, it depends on child maturity

Our ruv isn't vague on the age and also told us it's better to buy than to wash

Brit in Israel

Post Today at 2:13 pm
I think it's 7 or 9, I'm going to have to ask coz DD just turned 7.
When I asked my Rav last yr about specifics of laundry he said if I'm doing a wash I can put in stuff even if I only need it for after YT. It was amazing, after YT when I had a backlog of adult washes I didn't have to worry about uniform being washed on time as I put it in with the other wash on Chol hamoed.

Molly Weasley

Post Today at 3:02 pm
Brit in Israel wrote:
When I asked my Rav last yr about specifics of laundry he said if I'm doing a wash I can put in stuff even if I only need it for after YT. It was amazing, after YT when I had a backlog of adult washes I didn't have to worry about uniform being washed on time as I put it in with the other wash on Chol hamoed.

I would find it hard to be honest with myself.. Why I'm doing the wash? Do DC's really need this for Yom Tov? 😁

keym

Post Today at 3:10 pm
Brit in Israel wrote:

And my Rav holds that even for children, we can only wash what we will actually realistically need for Yom Tov.
So not uniforms. And if the weather is predicted to be the 50s all last days, not the short sleeve dresses.

Chayalle

Post Today at 3:23 pm
It's definitely about maturity and need comes into play.
When my SN brother (adult) asked me to wash his laundry on Ch'H DH said I can do it.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Today at 6:15 pm
I've been told not for kids who can keep themselves clean... Hard to define that but does it mean if my kid eats cleanly but gets muddy outside with friends he can't keep clean? I try to have enough to avoid these questions.

I did ask my Rav one CH"M Sukkos with this setup (3 day YT) because my boys were wearing white shirts for 3 days, then their brother's bris on Tuesday and then on HR... And then 3 days to come. He said even my third grader I could wash shirts for.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics