Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
When you can’t sleep at night…. (Teen vent)
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
  Gardenia

Post Sun, Oct 06 2024, 7:50 pm
amother OP wrote:
Those are the only 2 stores I could think of that I know about and we didn’t go.
They will have a hard time with the Brenda’s dressing room.
Esti’s can be more expensive but maybe we should try?

I basically only shop at Esti’s. I always try about 5 different stores first because of the prices but always land back there. I have more of a classic, simple but elegant taste and they always have something for me.

src6

Post Sun, Oct 06 2024, 7:59 pm
Metziahs offline? They have different stuff and when I went the sales lady was incredibly helpful

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Oct 06 2024, 8:28 pm
amother Cyan wrote:
Runway had beautiful selection

Oh gosh… forgot we were there! Last winter we found a few dresses so we went there first this time. Maybe we went too early?
Anyway, I guess I can add that store to my list of sheep… I mean stores if I can’t sleep tonight.

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Oct 06 2024, 8:40 pm
Thank you so much amother whitewash and everyone else for posting so many links to such nice things.
And thank you to everyone who posted stores we should still try.

bnm

Post Sun, Oct 06 2024, 8:53 pm
Jaaparel
Udel
Sorrority
Rebecca
Blank

todahrabba

Post Mon, Oct 07 2024, 7:36 am
Heads of class
Surele

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Oct 07 2024, 7:52 am
Same boat OP.
Are all these stores mentioned in Lakewood? I'm wondering because there's an Esti's in Brooklyn but it's a fortune. Can anyone tell me all the good Bklyn stores? Where I won't see the same clothing I just saw in a million other stores. I feel like I went everywhere...

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Oct 07 2024, 8:09 pm
Update:

We finally found something at Array!
Each of my daughters bought 1 dress. BH.
At least they’ll have something new to wear.
As we were leaving my daughter told me that she thinks the clothing is really from Allie. Does anyone know if that’s true?
At this point I don’t care… just curious if I bought at $30 dress for $150?
Anyway, they like what they bought so it’s all good.
Now we need some alterations.

amother
  Charcoal  

Post Mon, Oct 07 2024, 8:23 pm
amother OP wrote:
Update:

As we were leaving my daughter told me that she thinks the clothing is really from Allie. Does anyone know if that’s true?

horrayy!! I got my daughter a dress there too. dunno about the allie business. the owner's a nice lady and super helpful. happy to give her business .

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Oct 07 2024, 8:27 pm
amother Charcoal wrote:
horrayy!! I got my daughter a dress there too. dunno about the allie business. the owner's a nice lady and super helpful. happy to give her business .

Yes, she was really nice!

amother
  Charcoal

Post Mon, Oct 07 2024, 8:30 pm
amother OP wrote:
Yes, she was really nice!

I also found it easier to shop in because it doesn't have rack after rack. I think the girls get overwhelmed by the unlimited selections in the big stores , and end up buying nothing

imacoolmom

Post Mon, Oct 07 2024, 8:31 pm
Japparrel there’s one in 5 towns

amother
  Cyan

Post Mon, Oct 07 2024, 10:03 pm
amother Magenta wrote:
Same boat OP.
Are all these stores mentioned in Lakewood? I'm wondering because there's an Esti's in Brooklyn but it's a fortune. Can anyone tell me all the good Bklyn stores? Where I won't see the same clothing I just saw in a million other stores. I feel like I went everywhere...

These are Lakewood stores. Esti’s in Brooklyn is in a whole different league-that’s not similar to the one in Lakewood. The estis on Lakewood is a branch of the one in monsey.
Where in Brooklyn did you try?

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Oct 08 2024, 5:32 am
amother Magenta wrote:
Same boat OP.

Sorry you’re also dealing with this.
I’ve been out of Brooklyn for 20 years so I don’t know which stores teens are going to these days.
Honestly, sometimes I think my girls looked good in a dress they tried on but there’s so much peer pressure in their minds. I think they’re imagining what their friends will say/think… and it holds them back from buying something that really fits them.

amother
  Amethyst  

Post Tue, Oct 08 2024, 5:39 am
amother OP wrote:
Update:

I zoomed in on companies I can see on the website, assuming pashion the website that comes up under array is their store, all seem like real companies. It’s just unique uncommon ones that most Jewish stores don’t carry.

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Oct 08 2024, 6:33 am
amother Amethyst wrote:
I zoomed in on companies I can see on the website, assuming pashion the website that comes up under array is their store, all seem like real companies. It’s just unique uncommon ones that most Jewish stores don’t carry.

They have a website?
I did see some things there that we saw in other stores but there were some things that looked unique.
I would go back again. They seem to carry styles especially for teens which is what I need now. Nice things.

amother
Hyacinth  

Post Tue, Oct 08 2024, 6:47 am
amother OP wrote:
Update:

The way I understood is that they do buy stuff direct from China. It’s like a curated selection you can try on. At least their prices aren’t as marked up as other stores doing the same…
I mean she needs a mark up to make money. Cover the store. Loss of what doesn’t sell etc.

Doesn’t mean all their clothing is.

I know many many stores in lkwd are doing that. Most stores get their clothing from China. Either make it themselves or buy cheap from manufacturers and marking up tremendously.

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Oct 08 2024, 7:03 am
amother Hyacinth wrote:
The way I understood is that they do buy stuff direct from China. It’s like a curated selection you can try on. At least their prices aren’t as marked up as other stores doing the same…
I mean she needs a mark up to make money. Cover the store. Loss of what doesn’t sell etc.

Doesn’t mean all their clothing is.

I know many many stores in lkwd are doing that. Most stores get their clothing from China. Either make it themselves or buy cheap from manufacturers and marking up tremendously.

It’s fine. Some things did look a bit flimsy but very in style. Some things had a made in china label. Some things looked like a lining was added to make it not see through. Everything was nice though and current style. And she’s nice too and the store is well run.
If I could find the perfect dresses from China myself and know how to sew linings to make it not see through I wouldn’t need to go shopping.
As I said, I would go again. Was just curious where the clothing was coming from.

amother
  Hyacinth

Post Tue, Oct 08 2024, 7:11 am
Do they have reasonably priced weekday clothing?
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries