Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Pneumonia in a toddler

amother
OP

Post Today at 5:55 am
Hi
My toddler has pneumonia and the pediatrician wants us to go for a chest xray. Anyone ever done a chest xray on a toddler & can tell me the process.

amother
Pansy

Post Today at 6:19 am
Ime, it wasn't a big deal. Toddler goes into the room with a parent they snap an xray and done
Refuah Sheleimah

care4u

Post Today at 6:57 am
I've done it, it's no big if the tech is patient.
Iyh will be OK.
Refuah shelaima!

amother
Denim

Post Today at 8:19 am
I would suggest reading the curious George goes to the hospital book or something similar to make your child less anxious.
My 3 yo screamed and thrashed and we barely were able to take the X-rays

Brit in Israel

Post Today at 8:23 am
Done it for 2 kids. One had it done twice.
If the child is old enough explain what they will do, have to lie on a bed and they will make the room dark and put a machine near them etc.
The main thing is for you to be calm so the child feels your energy.

lovecouches

Post Today at 10:02 am
amother OP wrote:
Hi
My toddler has pneumonia and the pediatrician wants us to go for a chest xray. Anyone ever done a chest xray on a toddler & can tell me the process.

If your toddler is old enough to work then have them do it standing up. The images are better and you can see if there is fluid.
They will usually do 2 X-rays though there are a few places that only do one. Try to explain to your toddler that it's a big camera ànd it doesn't touch them it just has a light on it. It's painless but a lot of toddlers get scared. Make sure to send with someone old enough not pregnant who the child knows that way they will cooperate better.

amother
Cerise

Post Today at 10:08 am
previous poster brought up an important point. Make sure the person going with the toddler is not pregnant. I took my toddler for a hip xray. It was not a big deal at all. I stayed next to her. BH I wasn't pregnant (no one said anything until we were already in the room and it was more like, you're not pregnant, right?). Technician was very gentle and calm and used to working with kids.

refuah shleima

amother
Bellflower

Post Today at 11:30 am
Refuah sheleima!

Ask your doctor for a nasal swab to see if it’s a mycoplasma pneumonia, so it can be treated properly
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics