Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
One bed
Previous  1  2

Bnei Berak 10

Post Today at 4:31 am
amother Lightgray wrote:
What is the source?
We have one bed, I had to have a hystetectomy.

Biblical would mean deoraita.

amother
Chambray

Post Today at 4:48 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
It's one night, can someone sleep on the couch?

This. Or a mattress of some type on the floor, or really any other way to not be in the same bed. You don't need to buy a new bed, but you do need to not sleep in the same one.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Today at 5:48 am
amother Babyblue wrote:
I was told we do not need to keep all harchakos on Tisha B'Av, but yes on YK.

Not all harchakos, but sheina b'mita achas is one of them.
Some are lenient and allow 2 beds touching on TB (not YK) but I've not come across a shitta that allows one single bed that night.

amother
  OP

Post Today at 6:37 am
Thanks all, and for all those wondering, I'm a 20 something not getting my period due to additional health issues

bayis ne’eman

Post Today at 7:03 am
I believe the issuer of sleeping in same bed applies to night of Yom Kippur for all . I would assume those who don’t have second bed one sleeps on couch or mattress cot etc .

amother
Trillium

Post Today at 7:06 am
Get out the sukkah beds a bit early.

amother
Foxglove

Post Today at 7:07 am
amother Camellia wrote:
I had a hysterectomy for medical reasons at age 37. Therefore, I stopped being nida at a relatively young age. B"H I already had 4 children.

Me too, exactly the same age, B"H I survived the post partum hemorrhaging at the birth of my last child.

ChayaKa

Post Today at 7:17 am
amother OP wrote:
I only have one bed, do harchakos of physically not sleeping together apply on Yom Kippur? Do I need to get a blow up mattress?
יום הכפורים אסור בתשמיש המטה ובו ב"ס:
יום הכפורים אסור בתשמיש המטה ואסור ליגע באשתו כאילו היא נדה וכן אסור לישן עם אשתו במטה:
“It is forbidden to have s-xual intercourse on Yom Kippur” - Containing two paragraphs.

It is forbidden to have s-xual intercourse on Yom Kippur and it is forbidden to touch one’s wife *The following comment is given by Magen Avraham, (see footnote 33.): 615:1 - "His wife": It is forbidden (for him) to touch (her, his wife) also during the day (not only at night) and he should also not talk to her too much (Shenei Luḥot ha-Berit, של״ה, see footnote 20a.). And in the Maharil, מהרי״ל, (see footnote 8), the meaning is that one is to treat her (one's wife) according to all the laws of niddah (s-xual impurity due to menstruation). as if she were in her menstrual period, and so it is forbidden to sleep with one’s wife in (the same) bed (even without intercourse).
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur