Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
The shots make the rest of us look worse!
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
  Wine

Post Thu, Sep 26 2024, 6:03 pm
amother Jasmine wrote:
You're not the last I am. There was one particular local store who used to be great at plus sizes too. This week I went in and much smaller selection. There were about 10-15 ladies there I was the only plus size woman. I wanted the floor to open up right then and there.

That's cuz fat people like me don't go clothes shopping Sad Sad

amother
  Watermelon

Post Thu, Sep 26 2024, 6:50 pm
amother Sapphire wrote:
Cool idea! I work from home and need to get some weight off. Where do you put your laptop while doing this? I looked up recumbent bikes on Amazon and there doesn’t seem to be space to prop a laptop while you’re on it.

I own a ghost chair from amazon that is stool height....
I put my laptop on there...
I join zoom meetings etc...
all while working out Smile

BmoreBubby

Post Yesterday at 2:46 pm
amother OP wrote:
For those of us who can't afford the shorts or aren't medically a candidate for them, it's really emotionally taxing to still be the obese one.
At some point there were many of us who struggled with weight, now the number is dwindling and it's only the ones who can't afford it, are still fat.
I live in a small community. All the heavier women went on the shots, everyone is looking thin and fabulous while I struggle my way though diet and exercise for the 8th time in 5 years. I don't want to go to shul.
I am so self conscious in public spaces and when I go shopping. And I am sick of hearing, why don't you just go on the shot?
It makes all of us who are still fat look dumb, when really we're just poor.

You can do this without the shots! (And the shots have side-effects, they are def not for everyone, even if you could afford it.) Look at the Food Resources page on Torah Health.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Yesterday at 3:00 pm
Raizle wrote:
OP, the rest don't necessarily look worse. Have you heard of ozempic face?

What’s Ozempic face ?

amother
Milk

Post Yesterday at 3:02 pm
amother OP wrote:
For those of us who can't afford the shorts or aren't medically a candidate for them, it's really emotionally taxing to still be the obese one.
At some point there were many of us who struggled with weight, now the number is dwindling and it's only the ones who can't afford it, are still fat.
I live in a small community. All the heavier women went on the shots, everyone is looking thin and fabulous while I struggle my way though diet and exercise for the 8th time in 5 years. I don't want to go to shul.
I am so self conscious in public spaces and when I go shopping. And I am sick of hearing, why don't you just go on the shot?
It makes all of us who are still fat look dumb, when really we're just poor.

Don't be jealous. You look more proportionate.
BH there is something out there for diabetics with metabolic issues. Don't be jealous of that.

amother
  OP  

Post Yesterday at 3:11 pm
amother Milk wrote:
Don't be jealous. You look more proportionate.
BH there is something out there for diabetics with metabolic issues. Don't be jealous of that.

Shul was horrible. I was the only obese person there. Everyone was complimenting all the newly thin women and I just wanted to cry. Of course I went home and ate my weight in challah and honey cookies because I felt so horrible about myself.
I'm jealous because I can probably prevent getting diabetes if I actually went on the shots but now since I'm poor I have to wait to get diabetes to get them. I'm 5' and 200 lbs, I'm a walking health risk but a poor one. Oh well.

Imabubby60  

Post Yesterday at 3:44 pm
amother OP wrote:
Shul was horrible. I was the only obese person there. Everyone was complimenting all the newly thin women and I just wanted to cry. Of course I went home and ate my weight in challah and honey cookies because I felt so horrible about myself.
I'm jealous because I can probably prevent getting diabetes if I actually went on the shots but now since I'm poor I have to wait to get diabetes to get them. I'm 5' and 200 lbs, I'm a walking health risk but a poor one. Oh well.

You absolutely CAN prevent diabetes and be a healthy weight for YOU over time: eliminate carbs (for the most part) and processed foods (also for the most part). Healthy Whole Foods: fish (wild caught), pasture raised organic eggs, grass fed beef, organic chicken, organic vegetables, and healthy oils: olive, avocado. Get HEALTHY!

amother
Pumpkin

Post Yesterday at 4:03 pm
I've lost 50 pounds the hard way - exercise and healthy eating. It's been a slow process but I did it. I'm so pleased not to have gotten the shots like my neighbors and some friends, because I believe they are all going to find their weight creep back on. It came off quickly and unnaturally. It takes work to maintain one's weight, and they have zero concept of taking care of their bodies in the healthy way. They want a quick fix without the work.
Lucky for them if they keep.it off, but I don't really think they'll stay slim. They haven't retrained their habits in order to keep it off long term.

Raizle

Post Yesterday at 4:05 pm
amother Snowdrop wrote:
What’s Ozempic face ?

Raizle wrote:
Sagging and ageing of the skin. More wrinkles. I'm not sure if its because of the rapid weight loss or something specific to ozempic itself but a dermatologist coined the term after noticing a lot of his patients seemed to develop that side affect after using ozempic.

amother
Jetblack  

Post Yesterday at 4:06 pm
Unless I was diabetic I would stay far away from ozempic. Many people gain back the weight and then some when they go off it. It can have terrible side effects. Just because ppl kept it off for one year means nothing...go see what happens in 5 years. You are better off eating healthy and losing weight slowly.

amother
  OP

Post Yesterday at 4:22 pm
I've lost and gained weight tens of times in my adult life. I'm always working on it and frankly mostly getting no where before I burn out and regain.
The point of the shots is to lose and then stay on maintenance dose.
If all I had to do was to just eat healthy, I would have done it already years ago.

amother
Oldlace

Post Yesterday at 4:33 pm
Op, I’m one of those people that is usually the biggest in the room.
I’m on shots now and mostly still the biggest in the room, but feeling better about myself. ( doing it to get weight regulated to get pregnant iyh, knowing I might gain it all back…)

But don’t worry, when weight loss surgery came out, we were worried that everyone would become thin, then the Band, then the balloon, then gastric bypass etc….then the ball diets, then the drinks, then the shots….
And still there are fat people all over!!
It doesn’t work for all, and many can’t afford it long term, and many gain back weight.

Only lose weight and diet for yourself, never about the size of others!

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Yesterday at 5:08 pm
amother OP wrote:
I've lost and gained weight tens of times in my adult life. I'm always working on it and frankly mostly getting no where before I burn out and regain.
If all I had to do was to just eat healthy, I would have done it already years ago.

Just want to say I feel for you. I don’t think you will be alone because anyone trying to get pregnant has to be off of it.

Yes bh I’m finally losing weight after being on and off diets for almost 30 years! Please try to fargin me after all these years of suffering. Thanks

I started the shots almost a year ago.
It’s not the quick fix for me that people talk about. But in almost a year (actually a year and a half but the first type I tried for 6 months and didn’t lose even 1 pound) I lost 35 pounds. I have to lose another 30 approximately to be out of the obese zone so don’t worry I’m still part of the fat people!
Also I already see people that did it to lose 20-30 pounds go off and gain it all back. (I know personally 2 people)

amother
Salmon

Post Yesterday at 5:16 pm
Op, I get my shots covered through my public school employment, if that’s something that is a possibility for you to do..

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Yesterday at 5:18 pm
Raizle wrote:
Is weight loss cosmetic? Interesting. I thought it was a preventative for conditions like.... Diabetes
(Among other issues)

I don't mean to be unsympathetic to your mother. It is for sure a problem. I'm just taking issue with you calling it cosmetic

She probably isn’t referring to people who are obese. There are unfortunately lots of slightly overweight people taking the shots. There is nothing unhealthy about being slightly overweight (like size 12). So that would be for cosmetic reasons.

amother
Pistachio

Post Yesterday at 5:24 pm
Raizle wrote:
maybe. I dunno. Friend of mine did it. Her face looks at least 20 years older. I can't get my head around it. Ok I'm exaggerating. 10 years

This is so interesting. I met a friend I haven’t seen in a while and thought wow she aged. Now that I think about it she also lost weight. Thanks for explaining. I read about ozempic face but until you see it you don’t get it.

amother
  Jetblack

Post Yesterday at 5:25 pm
amother OP wrote:

And nobody really knows how that maintenance dose will affect the body and all the negative side effects it has

Imabubby60

Post Yesterday at 6:15 pm
amother OP wrote:

The lower /low carb healthier eating I posted helps your appetite normalize to the point your cravings go away and you’re not having the roller coaster sugar hi’s and low’s.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise