Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
The shots make the rest of us look worse!
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP  

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 1:58 pm
For those of us who can't afford the shorts or aren't medically a candidate for them, it's really emotionally taxing to still be the obese one.
At some point there were many of us who struggled with weight, now the number is dwindling and it's only the ones who can't afford it, are still fat.
I live in a small community. All the heavier women went on the shots, everyone is looking thin and fabulous while I struggle my way though diet and exercise for the 8th time in 5 years. I don't want to go to shul.
I am so self conscious in public spaces and when I go shopping. And I am sick of hearing, why don't you just go on the shot?
It makes all of us who are still fat look dumb, when really we're just poor.

amother
Banana

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 2:14 pm
Really? It's funny you should say that because I was just telling my husband the other day, that despite hearing that 'everyone' is on the shots, I don't notice anyone who is significantly thinner, and I don't see the overall average size as any different than it used to be. I live in a large OOT community. Maybe I'm just hanging out with the wrong (right?) people...

Meanwhile, I am dying to go on the shots but I am dying more to have a baby and I don't want to do anything to prevent that at this time...

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 2:30 pm
I got skinny from the shots but for medical reasons need to stop. So I will be probably be the last fat one left.

hodeez

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 2:31 pm
Also annoying when you put your heart and soul into losing weight and people think you just went pharmaceutical

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 2:34 pm
I feel for you but it's really not anyone's problem. Everyone is entitled to do what they want for themselves.

Life isn't fair. Why are some naturally thin? It makes fat people look worse. Why do some have good teeth, skin, hair?

(And I'm fat and poor also)

bigsis144

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 2:36 pm
My mother’s just mad because she needs ozempic for her diabetes but the pharmacy often runs out because people are using it for cosmetic weight loss…

Raizle  

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 2:40 pm
bigsis144 wrote:
My mother’s just mad because she needs ozempic for her diabetes but the pharmacy often runs out because people are using it for cosmetic weight loss…

Is weight loss cosmetic? Interesting. I thought it was a preventative for conditions like.... Diabetes
(Among other issues)

I don't mean to be unsympathetic to your mother. It is for sure a problem. I'm just taking issue with you calling it cosmetic

Raizle  

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 2:43 pm
OP, the rest don't necessarily look worse. Have you heard of ozempic face?

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 2:49 pm
Same same. I can’t go on for medical reasons but I wish wish I could. It feels socially off to be fat. I’m so embarrassed of myself.

amother
Lotus  

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 3:14 pm
bigsis144 wrote:

Aren't most people taking other shots now (wegovy, mounjaro etc) for weight loss? My dr offered me ozempic (I meet the medical criteria) but I don't want to take it in case there are shortages.

amother
Gardenia  

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 3:16 pm
I'm skinny but I don't like it either TMI

I'm so careful with what I eat, I'm always on a diet and exercising and now everyone around me is doing it effortlessly and I'm the last one left working my tuches off.

amother
Periwinkle  

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 3:19 pm
Raizle wrote:
OP, the rest don't necessarily look worse. Have you heard of ozempic face?

Still beats being fat

amother
Molasses

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 3:19 pm
hodeez wrote:
Also annoying when you put your heart and soul into losing weight and people think you just went pharmaceutical

I completely understand this. A close friend of mine lost a significant amount of weight naturally when the "band" was popular, and it really hurt her to hear people's assumptions.

amother
Bone

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 3:26 pm
amother Gardenia wrote:

I'm so careful with what I eat, I'm always on a diet and exercising and now everyone around me is doing it effortlessly and I'm the last one left working my tuches off.

How do other people also being thin take anything away from you? They'll have to work to keep the weight off.

amother
  Periwinkle

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 3:38 pm
amother Gardenia wrote:

Thats also an assumption . People always envy bow naturally skinny I am but they would never want the type of anxiety I have which prevents me from having an appetite.

amother
  Gardenia  

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 3:51 pm
amother Bone wrote:
How do other people also being thin take anything away from you? They'll have to work to keep the weight off.

It doesn't take away from me but it sucks how hard I need to work compared to how hard they need to work. And yes I know what ozempic is all about, DH was on it for a while and kept it off very well.

amother
  Gardenia

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 3:52 pm
amother Periwinkle wrote:
Thats also an assumption . People always envy bow naturally skinny I am but they would never want the type of anxiety I have which prevents me from having an appetite.

My best friend, my sister and her husband, and DH all took ozempic. That's not assumptions.

Raizle  

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 3:57 pm
amother Periwinkle wrote:
Still beats being fat

maybe. I dunno. Friend of mine did it. Her face looks at least 20 years older. I can't get my head around it. Ok I'm exaggerating. 10 years

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 4:04 pm
I'm on Zepbound which is the equivalent of Mounjaro.
I'm running, lifting weights, drinking tons of water, eating chicken cutlets as a a snack instead of carbs which is really what I want. Intermittent fasting. Counting my calories and macros.
And still losing but very slowly.
Doesn't feel like the easy way out to me.
There are plenty of people they can eat whatever they want, they're just eating less of it and dropping weight super quickly.
But that's not me or my body type.
I still need to put in the work which I'm happy to do. So long as the scale is moving down. I've been fighting my body for 20 plus years and im so exhausted. So I'm not going to apologize.
Or feel guilty.
And I'm no where near skinny.
I've gone from obese to overweight and I'm so grateful for that.

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 4:10 pm
amother Sienna wrote:
I'm on Zepbound which is the equivalent of Mounjaro.
I'm running, lifting weights, drinking tons of water, eating chicken cutlets as a a snack instead of carbs which is really what I want. Intermittent fasting. Counting my calories and macros.
And still losing but very slowly.
Doesn't feel like the easy way out to me.
There are plenty of people they can eat whatever they want, they're just eating less of it and dropping weight super quickly.
But that's not me or my body type.
I still need to put in the work which I'm happy to do. So long as the scale is moving down. I've been fighting my body for 20 plus years and im so exhausted. So I'm not going to apologize.
Or feel guilty.
And I'm no where near skinny.
I've gone from obese to overweight and I'm so grateful for that.

This.
I'm going to guess people who are on ozempic have tried other avenues.
I personally couldn't get it when I tried. They were out of stock. but even so, I don't metabolize medications very well so I'm trying to lose weight old school and it's soooo hard. I'm losing but so slowly and things like Shabbos, yomtov, simchos really throw a spanner in the works. If I could get ozempic and if I didn't have an issue with meds I'd do it. Oh and also I'm poor too.
I don't have an issue with those that use it. Everyone can do that works for them and I don't begrudge them. Might be envious but that's a ME problem
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise