Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Why are seats so expensive
Previous  1  2  3

Elfrida

Post Today at 3:14 pm
Molly Weasley wrote:
Our Shul doesn't have a "membership", if that make a difference.

If there's no annual membership, it makes sense that the fee for a seat on the Yamim Noraim would be much more. They dint have any other regular source of income.

Molly Weasley

Post Today at 3:19 pm
Elfrida wrote:
If there's no annual membership, it makes sense that the fee for a seat on the Yamim Noraim would be much more. They dint have any other regular source of income.

I agree. I wonder if OP pays a membership

amother
  OP  

Post Today at 5:11 pm
amother Dahlia wrote:
In our shul paying members get one seat in the men's section and one seat in the women's section. Any additional seats cost extra. Mostly I do see families paying for teenagers to have seats if they're actually going to be there to daven all day. I also see families sharing seats, especially if they have young children who are just coming in to hear shofar.

OP, is there a reason you and your daughter couldn't take turns sharing your one seat?

I am not in shul, I am home with the kids. I don’t purchase a seat to hear shofar, I stand outside for that. Membership gets us one free seat in the mens side and that’s it.

amother
  OP

Post Today at 5:12 pm
Molly Weasley wrote:
I agree. I wonder if OP pays a membership

Yes, we do.

amother
Blushpink

Post Today at 5:26 pm
Does no shul have extra seats that aren't reserved? I don't live in the us, so maybe we do things differently. We have the option of reserving a seat if we want. But there are usually more seats than the reserved seats, usually further back or near the exit, and whoever wants can sit in those seats. Or you can stand outside or at the back.
When I was a teen I used to go to a different shul which I preferred to my father's shul. And I would take a seat at the back.
The shuls have a seating plan on the door, and you can clearly see which aren't the reserved seats.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics