Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Are you fasting today?
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP  

Post Yesterday at 11:52 am
Is it less serious because its pushed off?
So far I am fasting but I find it so hard when taking care of kids. I dont have the excuse I used to have. Not pregnant, not nursing. But my youngest is 2 and a few months.
Its not like I feel sick or anything. Just really hungry and weak and didnt take a caffiene pill.
Curious what other women in simar situation are doing.
No chassidish for reference.

amother
Plum

Post Yesterday at 12:01 pm
amother OP wrote:
Is it less serious because its pushed off?
So far I am fasting but I find it so hard when taking care of kids. I dont have the excuse I used to have. Not pregnant, not nursing. But my youngest is 2 and a few months.
Its not like I feel sick or anything. Just really hungry and weak and didnt take a caffiene pill.
Curious what other women in simar situation are doing.
No chassidish for reference.

I was wondering the same, I’m in almost the exact same situation as you

amother
Ruby

Post Yesterday at 12:05 pm
I grew up fasting everything but I always knew that tzom g is the easiest to get a heter to break the fast because it's a nidche. Since married my rav says he can't give a heter in advance unless nursing or pregnant. However the day of the fast, if not feeling well, I can call for a heter to break my fast. Especially tzom g or Tanis Esther

amother
Stone

Post Yesterday at 12:06 pm
No, I’m pregnant (20 weeks)

I had a scare yesterday with some vertigo/blurred vision, so being careful to stay hydrated and keep my blood sugar/blood pressure normal

amother
Tiffanyblue  

Post Yesterday at 12:07 pm
So far but I think I will eat at chatzos. I have a headache. It’s our minhag for women to fast today. I’m so overworked from a houseful of guests over Yom Tov and I have to go out soon so I’m just not in good shape today.

amother
Blue  

Yes. Bunch of teens in our house so all doing it together.

amother
Moccasin

I fasted. It's over here now. I felt weak and tired but not too bad. I did lose my temper a bit with the kids, which is the worst bit about fasting for me. I'm also furious that I'm fasting because I've lost five babies in the last few years and would have done anything to be heavily pregnant or nursing. It feels like another punishment.

amother
Papaya

Post Yesterday at 12:08 pm
Not chassidish. Don't fast well and was told bybmy Rav tojust fast Tisha B'av and Yom Kippur.

amother
Celeste

Post Yesterday at 12:12 pm
I'm nursing, so no. But I have typically fasted all the fasts when I'm neither pregnant nor nursing. When I am fasting, I hire help for the day.

amother
  Tiffanyblue  

Post Yesterday at 12:14 pm
Ok… obviously most pregnant and nursing women will not fast. They don’t have to respond here.
This is a question for women who are not exempt due to nursing or pregnancy.

amother
Lightpink

Post Yesterday at 12:14 pm
Yes I'm fasting. And cooking and cleaning up from yom tov. But bh I'm a good faster. If I can do it, why not, even though it's inconvenient.

hodeez  

Post Yesterday at 12:20 pm
Yes I'm fasting although I have the ok not to.

amother
Brass

Post Yesterday at 12:28 pm
I’m fasting (so far)
I’m pregnant but I’m so so early in my pregnancy that most people wouldn’t even know they’re pregnant at this point, so I feel funny using it as an excuse. I have a bit of a headache so not sure I’ll feel funny using it as an excuse for that much longer lol

amother
  OP

Post Yesterday at 12:30 pm
amother Blue wrote:
Yes. Bunch of teens in our house so all doing it together.

I have teens but also 2 year old and 4 year old.
If I didnt have the little ones it wouldnt be so hard. I can rest. As it is Ill have to do this YK. I feel like Anyone taking care of young kids should be exempt without having to ask.

amother
NeonBlue

Post Yesterday at 12:38 pm
Not nursing or pregnant. I have a toddler I’m chasing around all day and my rav said not to fast

amother
Lemon  

Post Yesterday at 12:44 pm
Yes I hope I can make it till the end.
36 weeks pregnant and at home with a 10 month old baby, 2 yr old, 6 yr old, and 8 yr old. My husband is at work. Hashem should give me the strength. I’m way more nervous for Yom Kippur

amother
Nasturtium

Post Yesterday at 12:47 pm
Im in israel and its over.
I work in a gan, in the baby group. Very physical job. I dehydrate easily and get bad headaches. I did not fast.
Not chassidish.

Ruchel

Post Yesterday at 12:48 pm
hodeez wrote:
Yes I'm fasting although I have the ok not to.

Were you ok? I did this once at least and paid it for weeks.

amother
Zinnia

Post Yesterday at 12:50 pm
Yes my youngest is 3

I figured if I can do yom kipper I can do today. And if I fast successfully today it will give me confidence for yom Kippur (I get very anxious about fasting)

amother
Black

Post Yesterday at 12:53 pm
amother Lemon wrote:
Yes I hope I can make it till the end.
36 weeks pregnant and at home with a 10 month old baby, 2 yr old, 6 yr old, and 8 yr old. My husband is at work. Hashem should give me the strength. I’m way more nervous for Yom Kippur

Not judging but genuinely asking..why are u fasting..?
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note