Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Help!! Is it so wrong?
1  2  Next

amother
OP  

Post Mon, Sep 30 2024, 1:29 pm
I'm so confused!!
I just spoke to my friend and was telling her I got black suede shoes for my DD (12 year old) for Yom Tov. She asked me what color dress she has so told her its brown/stone coloring she tells me sorry but she can't wear black shoes. Girls don't go like this.

Help!!! Is it so wrong???

amother
Impatiens  

Post Mon, Sep 30 2024, 1:30 pm
She’s crazy. You can wear black shoes with everything. Why are you taking her word so seriously?

ShishKabob  

Post Mon, Sep 30 2024, 1:31 pm
amother Impatiens wrote:
She’s crazy. You can wear black shoes with everything. Why are you taking her word so seriously?
This, I'm not sure what the issue is. Black suede goes with almost everything in the winter.

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Sep 30 2024, 1:33 pm
amother Impatiens wrote:

I also thought so! My friend was telling me my DD needs brown shoes! That's after running around to a few stores until we got a shoe that looks normal on her foot (she has flat feet)!!

amother
  Impatiens

Post Mon, Sep 30 2024, 1:34 pm
amother OP wrote:
I also thought so! My friend was telling me my DD needs brown shoes! That's after running around to a few stores until we got a shoe that looks normal on her foot (she has flat feet)!!

Ignore her. Most 12 year olds will be wearing black with every color dress. Who is she to say what you need to do anyway, that’s very socially off.

amother
Camellia

Post Mon, Sep 30 2024, 1:34 pm
My dd wears black shabbos shoes with brown outfits. Black is a classic.

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Sep 30 2024, 1:41 pm
Include your crimes against fashion in your cheshbon hanefesh before chag. Then decide where you really need to do teshuva.

ShishKabob

Post Mon, Sep 30 2024, 1:42 pm
amother Lilac wrote:
Include your crimes against fashion in your cheshbon hanefesh before chag. Then decide where you really need to do teshuva.
LOL

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Sep 30 2024, 1:42 pm
When I was a teenager we wore brown tights and brown shoes but that is not done these days. Everyone wears black tights and black shoes with brown outfit.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Sep 30 2024, 1:43 pm
Most girls wear black shabbos shoes in the winter, regardless of which color outfit they're wearing.
Brown outfit with black tights & shoes actually looks very good.

mizle10

Post Mon, Sep 30 2024, 1:43 pm
Brown shoes would need brown tights and then that’s a lot of brown!! Your much better off with black shoes and tights!

amother
  OP

Post Mon, Sep 30 2024, 1:46 pm
Thank you all!!!

Aurora

Post Mon, Sep 30 2024, 1:58 pm
Is your friend prepared to buy your DD new shoes?

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Sep 30 2024, 1:59 pm
amother Crimson wrote:
When I was a teenager we wore brown tights and brown shoes but that is not done these days. Everyone wears black tights and black shoes with brown outfit.

Brown tights with brown shoes would have to be in the same family of browns and then you could have the added bonus of running around to a dozen hosiery stores until everything matches.
Black shoes, black tights, happy hearts. That’s my fashion statement.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Mon, Sep 30 2024, 2:59 pm
The no-no would be black tights with brown shoes. Makes no rational sense, but fashion makes no rational sense.

b.chadash

Post Mon, Sep 30 2024, 3:05 pm
It's horrible!
I think CPS might be alerted. It's not worth the risk OP. No black suede shoes!

bsy

Post Mon, Sep 30 2024, 3:08 pm
Perhaps the ones concerned with being the height of fashion won't wear brown with black. most "regular" people would. My goal in dressing myself or my kids is to look normal and not stick out. As long as we don't look weird, it's fine. We wear clothes that are a few seasons old, shoes not perfectly matched to each outfit, etc and we are just fine. My kids are doing well socially bh and I don't care if I'm not trendy.

Busybee5  

Post Mon, Sep 30 2024, 3:16 pm
amother OP wrote:
I'm so confused!!
I just spoke to my friend and was telling her I got black suede shoes for my DD (12 year old) for Yom Tov. She asked me what color dress she has so told her its brown/stone coloring she tells me sorry but she can't wear black shoes. Girls don't go like this.

Omg so you're expected to get matching shoes to every dress/outfit? Or are you only getting the one dress?!
Black goes with everything!

Last edited by Busybee5 on Mon, Sep 30 2024, 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Burntblack

Post Mon, Sep 30 2024, 3:40 pm
Black dress shoes with black opaque tights look better than whatever else she is suggesting (beige tights and shoes? No matter how trendy, this is wholly not fashionable).

NechaMom

Post Mon, Sep 30 2024, 3:45 pm
amother OP wrote:
I'm so confused!!

What type of a friend is she that she causes you to panic like this over classic black suede shoes? Can't Believe It
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics