Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Amazon return- Amazon sent wrong item

amother
OP  

Post Wed, Sep 18 2024, 7:22 am
Amazon sent me the wrong flavor body wash. It's a 4 pack, not a single one. I called to complain but they still want the item back. Which means another return I need to do... I asked Amazon why I can't get a refund and keep the item, why do I have to go through the return hassle? But they weren't accommodating this time around.

Any suggestions or just return the item?

amother
Chestnut  

Post Wed, Sep 18 2024, 7:24 am
amother OP wrote:
Amazon sent me the wrong flavor body wash. It's a 4 pack, not a single one. I called to complain but they still want the item back. Which means another return I need to do... I asked Amazon why I can't get a refund and keep the item, why do I have to go through the return hassle? But they weren't accommodating this time around.

Any suggestions or just return the item?

What's wrong with returning it?

rkay

Post Wed, Sep 18 2024, 7:26 am
Chat with them and tell them you can't get to Kohl's, it is too difficult... They usually accommodate.

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Sep 18 2024, 7:27 am
I could return it but I don't think it's fair that I have to when I was sent the wrong item vs returning it for my choice other times

amother
  OP

Post Wed, Sep 18 2024, 7:27 am
rkay wrote:
Chat with them and tell them you can't get to Kohl's, it is too difficult... They usually accommodate.

They gave me other options like ups drop off, wholefoods, etc

amother
  Chestnut

Post Wed, Sep 18 2024, 7:28 am
amother OP wrote:
I could return it but I don't think it's fair that I have to when I was sent the wrong item vs returning it for my choice other times

You're getting a refund in exchange for the return. What's not fair about that?

amother
Freesia

Post Wed, Sep 18 2024, 8:04 am
amother Chestnut wrote:
You're getting a refund in exchange for the return. What's not fair about that?

I get the op

It’s their mistake.
Why is it her obligation to go to the store?
They should pick it up to make it right. Not require her to make her life difficult and go to a place to return bec they made a mistake.
Not everyone has the time or transportation.
It’s not her mistake but theirs.

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Sep 18 2024, 8:06 am
Ask for ups pickup so u don't have to go out

teachkids

Post Wed, Sep 18 2024, 8:13 am
I've gotten Walmart to come pick up the wrong item. Amazon may be willing to do that too.

amother
Bluebell

Post Wed, Sep 18 2024, 8:16 am
Ask for a free label or pickup. But don't be resentful you have to give back the item....why should you get to keep the item and get your money back too?

Chayalle

Post Wed, Sep 18 2024, 8:19 am
Agree, they should provide a free pickup label. The whole concept behind Amazon is convenience, delivered to your door. Having to go out to return something that is THEIR mistake is unfair.

Brit in Israel

Post Wed, Sep 18 2024, 8:19 am
Is there no option for pick up?

I don't know if it's different here (Israel) but I got shoes from Amazon that tore within 3 weeks. I did an online refund and they sent me a printout label and a link to book a pickup time. It was amazing, I was sure it would be a headache.

Sewsew_mom

Post Wed, Sep 18 2024, 8:20 am
Free label and pickup. I do it alot when it's their mistake.
They are sellers on the other side losing every time you keep an item. Why shouldn't you return it.

penguin

Post Sun, Oct 20 2024, 6:26 pm
I've had items that said they were not returnable or they asked me to return bottles that were leaking. I just kept insisting. I said, no carrier wants to take a leaky package, in the past they did not make me return it

Finally the rep asked a manager & said I did not have to return.

They did ask for a pic of package.

My son says HUCA, which stands for Hang Up, Call Again. But I find asking them to ask a supervisor will usually work.

amother
Caramel

Post Sun, Oct 20 2024, 7:20 pm
Chayalle wrote:
Agree, they should provide a free pickup label. The whole concept behind Amazon is convenience, delivered to your door. Having to go out to return something that is THEIR mistake is unfair.

As I understand it OP isn’t upset at that, she’s upset that they are asking for the item back instead of allowing her to keep it for free

Typically they offer pickups in these situations. That wasn’t what OP complained about

amother
Melon

Post Sun, Oct 20 2024, 7:23 pm
You can tell them you need it picked up.

When a certain Jewish store shipped me the wrong item they insisted that I needed to schlep to fedex to return it and they wouldn't ship out my item until they got the other item back. That I thought wasn't nice. Amazon makes it easy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics