Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
48 inch beds

amother
OP  

Post Sun, Sep 29 2024, 8:37 pm
Is it a jewish size, I always had 39inch beds because I have a small room. I needed new matresses decided to upgrade. The store recommended 48 inches so I got it. Went on wayfair to get new beds and see only 39 or next size is 54. Will I have to get custom made beds

Ima Piano

Post Sun, Sep 29 2024, 8:40 pm
48 is not a Jewish size AFAIK 44 is a Jewish size

amother
PlumPink

Post Sun, Sep 29 2024, 8:45 pm
It’s popular in Jewish community of Brooklyn because of tight space and needing 2 beds. But don’t want tiny twin size. And not big enough for 2 full size. Otherwise not very popular. I happen to get it in my guest room in my not Brooklyn home because it was a drop too small for 2 fulls. When I looked for mattress protectors on Amazon, I found it under RV size mattress.

amother
Sage

Post Sun, Sep 29 2024, 8:45 pm
Ima Piano wrote:

They both are.

Chayalle  

Post Sun, Sep 29 2024, 8:46 pm
I think it's a Jewish size. You never see linen in 48" outside of Jewish stores, for example (except I have seen on Shein, Chinese sites. But not in the US.)

ra_mom

Post Sun, Sep 29 2024, 8:50 pm
amother OP wrote:
Is it a jewish size, I always had 39inch beds because I have a small room. I needed new matresses decided to upgrade. The store recommended 48 inches so I got it. Went on wayfair to get new beds and see only 39 or next size is 54. Will I have to get custom made beds

It's called antique size. It used to be a more standard size, but now it is only made for Jewish establishments. You can buy simple bed frames for very inexpensive from the same place that you bought the mattresses.

mom!

Post Sun, Sep 29 2024, 9:07 pm
I am looking to sell 48” beds, greater Lakewood are. Please pm if interested

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Sep 29 2024, 9:12 pm
Yes it’s a Jewish size bed and they also carry the fitted 48” sheets in the Jewish linen stores.

Chayalle

Post Sun, Sep 29 2024, 9:21 pm
I have very deep 48" mattresses, and I find that full size sheets fit better than 48" sheets from frum stores that are sometimes too tight because of the depth.

amother
  OP

Post Sun, Sep 29 2024, 9:25 pm
so that means I can't get at wayfair or amazon. Thats quite dissapointing to me. I live OOT. Anyone have any links to 48 inch beds that deliver6

amother
Moccasin

Post Sun, Sep 29 2024, 9:32 pm
amother OP wrote:
so that means I can't get at wayfair or amazon. Thats quite dissapointing to me. I live OOT. Anyone have any links to 48 inch beds that deliver6

You just need a basic metal adjustable bed frame. They're very cheap & the store that sold you the mattresses should have them.

Like this https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mai.....04511

Headboard can be attached & can be a bit larger than the mattress. A full size headboard should fit.

mirelcakes

Post Sun, Sep 29 2024, 10:27 pm
Ima Piano wrote:

48" is a Jewish size too. I wish I didn't get it. So hard to find linen. Either smaller or more of a full size which is 54"

amother
Lightcoral  

Post Sun, Sep 29 2024, 10:30 pm
amother OP wrote:

It is a Jewish size. Or very very antique

44 is a newer Jewish size.
Living quarters in Boro Park and Lakewood has a beautiful selection of in stock 48" beds fir 799 each.

amother
  Lightcoral

Post Sun, Sep 29 2024, 10:32 pm
mirelcakes wrote:
48" is a Jewish size too. I wish I didn't get it. So hard to find linen. Either smaller or more of a full size which is 54"

I use full size sheets (54") and just tuck it under.

Living quarters delivers

doodlesmom

Post Sun, Sep 29 2024, 10:35 pm
It’s called an antique or 3/4 bed.
There definitely are some out there but not many.

Also an RV bed.

Molly Weasley

Post Sun, Sep 29 2024, 10:38 pm
According to a poster here, she was able to she was able to find 48-in beds at Sleepy's

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....07611
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics