Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Buying Beds - where to start?

amother
OP  

Post Sun, Aug 18 2024, 12:27 am
This is a little embarrassing but here goes.

Been married for 8 years and we bought our beds second hand from a couple who only owned them for 6 months when we got married. They're simple metal frames with a box spring and a mattress. 8 years and 5 kids later, they aren't usable anymore, the frames and the mattresses are in bad shape but I have no idea how to buy new ones. There are bazillions of options online and the range of prices is enormous. I have no idea what to look for or how to choose or even how to set a realistic budget.
So wise imas, can you help me out here?

amother
Apple

Post Sun, Aug 18 2024, 12:50 am
Where do you live?

amother
Rainbow

Post Sun, Aug 18 2024, 12:54 am
First decide of you're keeping the same size. Then decide if you want an actual bedroom set, or just a frame, or just headboards, or "nicer" box springs with the suede on the sides.
Regarding mattresses, some stores you can go and lie down on the mattresses and test then out. Do you like firm, soft...
How high is your frame going to be, some matrasses are quite high.
Side note- when I got married I liked the way a high bedframe looked with high matrassses - in the meantime it's kind of hard to get dressed and put socks/shoes on, we needed to keep a chair in the room so my husband can put his socks and shoes on... so it might not be so practical to have the frame and the matress so high
Good mattresses can cost a pretty penny though. But I think it's important to invest in. Alot of stores let you return if you don't like it after a few months.

tweety1

Post Sun, Aug 18 2024, 12:59 am
First start by size. What size are you looking for? Do you want headboards or not? I'm got custom upholstered headboards for $700 each. I knew exactly color and style I want. There's a place in bp on new Utrecht for got what they're called. I went in as green as one can get. They were extremely helpful and teaching me the abc's and helping me choose the right one for me.

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Sun, Aug 18 2024, 1:35 am
tweety1 wrote:
First start by size. What size are you looking for? Do you want headboards or not? I'm got custom upholstered headboards for $700 each. I knew exactly color and style I want. There's a place in bp on new Utrecht for got what they're called. I went in as green as one can get. They were extremely helpful and teaching me the abc's and helping me choose the right one for me.

Sleep tight mattresses.
I second this.

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Aug 18 2024, 7:28 am
I live in Brooklyn but I don't want to pay frum store prices.

What's the advantage of a bed with a box spring or just a frame and mattress?

I know which size I want and I need new beds, not just mattresses. No other bedroom furniture though, just beds

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Aug 18 2024, 8:05 am
I just bought from Hatzlacha. Very satisfied and price was great

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Aug 18 2024, 9:24 am
Hatzlocha Furniture is Williamsburg has good prices.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Aug 18 2024, 10:10 am
Friedmans in Lakewood also has great prices and free delivery

amother
Daylily

Post Sun, Aug 18 2024, 10:18 am
I got by sofas and more In Williamsburg.
I think it’s really sold for summer homes etc but it’s perfect for me. It was about $600 per bed. They also sell mattresses for a decent price.
I once slept in my friends house (in her bedroom long story) and I loved her mattress so I just bought the same in a diff store. It was about $1200 per mattress.

amother
  OP

Post Sun, Aug 18 2024, 5:02 pm
What is considered a good price?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics