Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
How do you cope with girls?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
  OP  

Post Yesterday at 7:26 pm
amother Rainbow wrote:
I'm jealous! I wish I had your 'problems' I have one daughter, a few boys knH. Id love 3 little girls! Wana trade? 🤣

I love shopping for her!

I can imagine it's easier with one girl.
All girls stuff belong to her. No tights mixups, no matching, and no whining over what to wear.

But BH this is not a problem ch'v. It's a blessing. I just feel like I can't keep up with it.

Perhaps once upon a time it was easier with all dark tights. Nowadays you 'can't' wear a chambray dress without matching tights.

And they are soo expensive. Thick ones pimple after a while ( my older one doesn't even like it), and thin ones are disposable.

Ihatepotatoes

Post Yesterday at 9:22 pm
I find that crying works for me.

amother
Seablue

Post Yesterday at 9:28 pm
Feeling very validated lol

Bh I have a small tribe of girls (more than 5). I love them to bits but it’s true, the stuff is out of hand! I have no boys so I have nothing to compare it to. I thought it was just me not being good at keeping n organised home but this thread is making me feel like it’s not all my fault lol

They are all very similar sizes so knee socks and tights are completely out of control.

imaima  

Post Today at 4:12 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
I love your comment!

😅😥 don’t ask me how I know

imaima  

Post Today at 4:15 am
amother OP wrote:
I can imagine it's easier with one girl.
All girls stuff belong to her. No tights mixups, no matching, and no whining over what to wear.

But BH this is not a problem ch'v. It's a blessing. I just feel like I can't keep up with it.

Perhaps once upon a time it was easier with all dark tights. Nowadays you 'can't' wear a chambray dress without matching tights.

And they are soo expensive. Thick ones pimple after a while ( my older one doesn't even like it), and thin ones are disposable.

I wash almost everything for girls in a wool/ cold/ gentle cycle. This way tights don’t shrink don’t pill etc.

Maybe decide on one color for each girl, or one design. One girl gets smooth tights, the other one gets ribbed tights etc. Then you can sort the laundry quicker.

imaima

Post Today at 4:15 am
Ihatepotatoes wrote:
I find that crying works for me.

You crying or them crying?

Bnei Berak 10  

Post Today at 4:34 am
giftedmom wrote:
That’s her problem. You make sure she has clothes in her closet that fit her well and are seasonally appropriate. She can wear what she wants.

I agree with you. And OP, the less you engage in this teenage clothes thing and let her shop herself without you then easier it will become.
By the way, who is doing the laundry, the staff or the girls themselves?

amother
Gardenia  

Post Today at 5:27 am
Tried on a bunch of dresses on my preteen yesterday who was miserable because she is overweight and didn't like any of the dresses. We settled on one maybe (very plain and pricey) but have a bunch coming from Ali and iyH something will be nice.

She's also quite sensory so that doesn't help! But just have to keep ordering and sending back!

Got a lovely summer dress late in the summer this year. Hope it's still good next year.

kangamom

Post Today at 7:30 am
amother OP wrote:
At first I had my boys and life was easy. A pile of tops, a pile of pants, and a bin for kippas and tzitzis. Socks in their drawer. Another drawer for their junk prizes, and all was good.

But now that my 3 little ones are girls, I feel like drowning. Dresses need to fit right, always buying more tights, always tearing them, so much junk, dresses don't match, dresses they refuse to wear, (new) dresses they refuse to try on.....and on and on.

And this is only now. I am dreading when they will be teenagers...!

Any girls mom have good tips for me?

How do I keep their room nice?
How do you get them to try on clothing?
How do you shop economically?
How do you manage with so much tights? (My circles they need to wear tights)
How do you make choices when shopping? There are too many...

I barely bought them summer stuff, and now I need to move on to winter. I literally am avoiding it.
I already eliminated bows and headbands. They are cute as is and I like simple and neat. The stores make me dizzy, and online, I barely have time for. And it needs to fit right.

Shein, H and M, Ali Specials. Find one store that has a nice style and not expensive and just shop there. I personally shop Tottini, but my kids don't really care what they wear at this stage so it works.

amother
Ebony

Post Today at 8:01 am
amother Gardenia wrote:
Tried on a bunch of dresses on my preteen yesterday who was miserable because she is overweight and didn't like any of the dresses. We settled on one maybe (very plain and pricey) but have a bunch coming from Ali and iyH something will be nice.

She's also quite sensory so that doesn't help! But just have to keep ordering and sending back!

Got a lovely summer dress late in the summer this year. Hope it's still good next year.

You can't return on Ali

amother
  OP  

Post Today at 8:44 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
I agree with you. And OP, the less you engage in this teenage clothes thing and let her shop herself without you then easier it will become.
By the way, who is doing the laundry, the staff or the girls themselves?

My kids are little, they can't shop themselves. I wish they did, so I can disengage.

amother
  OP  

Post Today at 8:46 am
kangamom wrote:
Shein, H and M, Ali Specials. Find one store that has a nice style and not expensive and just shop there. I personally shop Tottini, but my kids don't really care what they wear at this stage so it works.

But I used to shop Shein etc. I spent a lot of time sifting through their site, and items never arrived as nice as on screen. They also didn't hold up through washings.

amother
  Gardenia

Post Today at 9:01 am
amother Ebony wrote:
You can't return on Ali

We can return many things from Ali Express in the UK. I check before buying.

dancingqueen

Post Today at 9:17 am
amother OP wrote:
But I used to shop Shein etc. I spent a lot of time sifting thru their site, and items never arrived as nice as on screen. They also didn't hold up through washings.

Also Shein, Ali, and Temu are problematic in general.

If you order from a local store you can return there which is easier.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Today at 9:19 am
amother OP wrote:
My kids are little, they can't shop themselves. I wish they did, so I can disengage.

How old is your teen?

amother
  OP

Post Today at 9:41 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
How old is your teen?

I think you confused me with another poster. My teens are all boys. My 3 little ones are girls.

amother
  Glitter

Post Today at 11:56 am
amother OP wrote:
I think you confused me with another poster. My teens are all boys. My 3 little ones are girls.

I'm the other poster. It's cute because we have a similar family setup. I've never met someone else like that. But my oldest daughter is already 14 and I have 3 younger ones. My boys are age 16 and up.

Weird story: I bought a cute little flowered pleated skirt for my 10 year old daughter on Amazon. It came and is way too big. My 14 year old decided she likes it and she says it fits her. So that's one skirt she has.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics