Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
The shots make the rest of us look worse!
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 1:17 pm
Raizle wrote:
maybe. I dunno. Friend of mine did it. Her face looks at least 20 years older. I can't get my head around it. Ok I'm exaggerating. 10 years

Well, that can happen with natural weight loss, as well. I have lost more than 40 lbs over the last year by calorie restriction dieting alone, I've posted about it and I'm proud of it, I also have no hanging skin on my body, but my face has aged extremely badly. I look at least 10 years older, my neck has suddenly become wrinkly, my face hollow and pointy. More than once, people in shul or from the neighborhood have asked me with friendly concern if I'm alright/feeling okay/healthy. My mother was shocked, she hadn't seen me for a year, said I looked even 20 years older (thanks, mom Confused )

Maybe I should start a new thread on that - weight loss and its effect on the face.

PinkFridge  

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 1:52 pm
Raizle wrote:
Is weight loss cosmetic? Interesting. I thought it was a preventative for conditions like.... Diabetes
(Among other issues)

I don't mean to be unsympathetic to your mother. It is for sure a problem. I'm just taking issue with you calling it cosmetic

It's probably not just severely obese people using it. Surgery used to b the go-to and it was reserved for 100+ lbs. overweight.

PinkFridge  

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 1:53 pm
amother Gardenia wrote:
I'm skinny but I don't like it either TMI

I'm so careful with what I eat, I'm always on a diet and exercising and now everyone around me is doing it effortlessly and I'm the last one left working my tuches off.

I don't think you'll regret this five years from now. As long as you're eating healthy.

amother
DarkViolet

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 1:58 pm
I feel you op.

I see a lot of thin people who used to be much larger and I silently wonder how.

Im overweight but not obese .
I try to count my blessings that I enjoy my food.

I used to do other things to make me happy that were very unhealthy.

amother
Cognac

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 2:17 pm
I am overweight and not doing shots at this point in my life .
Maybe one day
But I just wanted to say, my son ( teen) was put on it for obessity & health reasons . Insurance wouldn’t cover it. But there are places ( pharmacies ) that you can order the compound form for like $200 for 10 week supply . You need to ask your doctor to find you such a place. Yea, $200 is money but it’s not 1,200 which I think is what Ozempic costs.

amother
  Lotus

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 2:41 pm
$1200?

Ozempic costs about $200 here in Europe.

Other shots similar amounts. Maybe $50 more or less.

I got mine covered by the health service so much less.

Why do americans pay so much more for drugs?

amother
Foxglove  

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 3:16 pm
Raizle wrote:
Is weight loss cosmetic? Interesting. I thought it was a preventative for conditions like.... Diabetes
(Among other issues)

I don't mean to be unsympathetic to your mother. It is for sure a problem. I'm just taking issue with you calling it cosmetic

The majority of people I know using shots are using it as a lazy weight loss tactic, they didn't really need to lose the weight, they just don't want to change their eating habits to lose that extra few pounds

amother
Vanilla

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 3:22 pm
It seems there's a misconception here that the shots make you not have to eat at a calorie deficit level and exercise?

amother
Cherry

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 3:24 pm
Op, please don't be jealous of the people who take ozempic. First of all I suspect a few people I know are taking it because they've been trying to lose weight for years and all of a sudden they're skinny so yes they can buy great clothes and they look good but, like the other poster said, they all of a sudden look old. I understand losing weight the natural way you can look old also but usually not as much and not as quickly. Cheeks are sunken in and they look gaunt. But also, ozempic is known to be very unhealthy, not even all of the effects are known yet. It is bad for your pancreas, your kidneys, your thyroid And you lose Muscle Mass not only fat and that muscle mass is harder to gain back especially the older women get. Typically if somebody goes off of it the weight comes right back on. Real weight loss with all the annoying hard work is so much healthier for our bodies and it stays off. It also helps us to create better lifelong habits. I'm mostly saying this post for myself cuz I'm also jealous of all these people losing weight so quickly but I wouldn't want to risk anyone of those side effects even if cost is not an issue.
P.S. Besides that aren't most of these people also nauseated and having stomach issues while on this drug?

amother
Wine  

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 3:26 pm
In my city all the the overweight people who aren't rich are still overweight. The slim wealthy ones are skiiiny!

amother
Eggplant

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 3:26 pm
Is no one concerned about long term effects? I'm obese and not considering the shots. I still have plenty of natural, proven healthy avenues to work on first. (Maybe it would be different if I was exercising more and eating better and still obese).

Hashem should bless everyone to accept themselves and see their inner beauty, always.

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 3:28 pm
I don't have tayne for all of my obese friends. It's hard being so fat, it's not good for our bodies and our health. I am so happy for them. I know the torture of trying to lose weight 15 different ways, all the years of yoyo dieting and regaining. I prayed for a magic pill my whole life. My best friend had a very scary experience with the compound so my DH said no way, better just be fat.
I'm just kvetching, ironically it's harder to be obese these days.

amother
Tanzanite

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 3:34 pm
amother Amethyst wrote:
Well, that can happen with natural weight loss, as well. I have lost more than 40 lbs over the last year by calorie restriction dieting alone, I've posted about it and I'm proud of it, I also have no hanging skin on my body, but my face has aged extremely badly. I look at least 10 years older, my neck has suddenly become wrinkly, my face hollow and pointy. More than once, people in shul or from the neighborhood have asked me with friendly concern if I'm alright/feeling okay/healthy. My mother was shocked, she hadn't seen me for a year, said I looked even 20 years older (thanks, mom Confused )

Maybe I should start a new thread on that - weight loss and its effect on the face.

Same. I lost weight without ozempic and while my body looks great, my face looks gaunt and terrible. Can't decide if I should gain some of the weight back again (then my face will look better but my body will look worse)...

Tao  

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 3:47 pm
I read the title and went wow, that sounds so bad......you're upset at people for wanting to be healthy because it makes you feel worse by comparison?
But the truth is I get it, because I also hate being the fattest one in the room, and truthfully I probably wouldn' hang out in a room of skinny people lol.
I'm not on ozempic, because I'm scared of its fertility effects and also because even when thats over I'll need to massively convince dh who is very wary of it
I'm on exercise-eatless-reducesugarandcarbs-notakeout, and it's HARD. I've been losing about a pound a week, and that's slowww progress when I'm still so many away from just a healthy weight (not skinny).

amother
  Foxglove

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 3:53 pm
amother Eggplant wrote:
Is no one concerned about long term effects? I'm obese and not considering the shots. I still have plenty of natural, proven healthy avenues to work on first. (Maybe it would be different if I was exercising more and eating better and still obese).

Hashem should bless everyone to accept themselves and see their inner beauty, always.

This. I'm surprised that so many of my friends who were so busy about not taking the covid shots because "you're injecting yourself with poison!" are injecting themselves with this, which has actual documented harmful side effects

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 4:11 pm
Why worry about the shots? What about all the botox and stuff? Those make those who don't even look much "worse"!

Its really got to be most about what is inside of you. And if your dh doesn't value you, that's the core of the issue. Because even with terrible self esteem, its fine. Women are more comfortable and open around other women who they don't feel threatened or imperfect next to. So you get a better social life.

And my point is, I hear you. But everything really has got to be from the inside out. Speaking to myself too. My brain knows this is the truth!

amother
Celeste

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 4:44 pm
amother OP wrote:
I don't have tayne for all of my obese friends. It's hard being so fat, it's not good for our bodies and our health. I am so happy for them. I know the torture of trying to lose weight 15 different ways, all the years of yoyo dieting and regaining. I prayed for a magic pill my whole life. My best friend had a very scary experience with the compound so my DH said no way, better just be fat.
I'm just kvetching, ironically it's harder to be obese these days.

What happened to her on the compound ? Asking because I’m in the fence about this for myself.

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 4:58 pm
I’m morbidly obese. At one point lost over 100 lbs with crazy hard work. Gained it all back after back to back pregnancies. I hate myself and how I look but have absolutely no strength to do crazy dieting anymore. My doc recommended the shots but my insurance won’t cover. At this point I’m kind of not really but yes really hoping to become a diabetic so my insurance covers 🙈

amother
  Wine  

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 5:13 pm
amother Eggplant wrote:

Side effects? One has to weigh the risk of being overweight (heart issues, stroke, diabetes, high cholesterol and high blood pressure) versus the risks of Ozempic.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 5:15 pm
B"H I Take after my mother who does not have a petty mean or jealous bone in her body.
Davening for everyone to be healthy and feel good and beautiful inside and out.
Like all else, it can be an avodah not to covet what someone else has.
Hashem Has a Plan for each of us.
We do our hishtadlus.
Ksiva v chasima tova
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise