Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Craniosacral for ds4 with reflux since birth?

amother
OP  

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 1:19 pm
My son had really bad reflux the first year of life and since then I see signs of it frequently but because he’s gaining and is a happy kids no doc wants to treat it. I think there’s something going on with his oral structure and would love to see if we can have someone look at it and hopefully do treatment to help him feel better all the time. Anyone ever done this and seen real success?

And if yes, looking for recommendation in the Lakewood area.

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 1:23 pm
Big fan of CST here but craniosacral therapists don't really look at structural issues. They still may be able to help. If you specifically want to look at structural issues and ENT wasn't helpful I would try an airway informed orthodontist. But also maybe he's sensitive to certain foods?

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 2:44 pm
I thought that cranio can help for reflux?

amother
Midnight  

Post Thu, Sep 26 2024, 8:35 pm
cranial can sometimes help the symptoms of reflux but it doesnt help the root of what is causing the reflux. I had with my duaghter that cranial only helped for a few days and then the symptoms came back because we werent dealing with the root of the issue (which ended up being that she needed to clip her tongue and lip tie because she was swallowing too much air when eating due to the ties)

sometimes cranial on its own helps but not always.

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Sep 26 2024, 8:57 pm
amother Midnight wrote:
cranial can sometimes help the symptoms of reflux but it doesnt help the root of what is causing the reflux. I had with my duaghter that cranial only helped for a few days and then the symptoms came back because we werent dealing with the root of the issue (which ended up being that she needed to clip her tongue and lip tie because she was swallowing too much air when eating due to the ties)

sometimes cranial on its own helps but not always.

Who told you she needs the ties clipped? I took him to several ents and doctors and everyone said he doesn’t have ties. Also he’s 4 Already, I wonder if that makes a difference.

amother
  Midnight

Post Thu, Sep 26 2024, 9:05 pm
amother OP wrote:
Who told you she needs the ties clipped? I took him to several ents and doctors and everyone said he doesn’t have ties. Also he’s 4 Already, I wonder if that makes a difference.

lactation consultant even tho she was too big to be nursing. clipping ties is not so big in the medical field. what a dr calls a tongue/lip tie is differetn than what a lactation consultant would.

does your son have any speech issues? like cant say a specific sound ect?

doesnt mean you son has lip/tonigue tie. very likely not. my point is that reflux doesnt come by itself usually something underlying causing it such as but not limited to swallowing too much air, allergies ect

amother
  OP

Post Thu, Sep 26 2024, 9:20 pm
amother Midnight wrote:
lactation consultant even tho she was too big to be nursing. clipping ties is not so big in the medical field. what a dr calls a tongue/lip tie is differetn than what a lactation consultant would.

does your son have any speech issues? like cant say a specific sound ect?

doesnt mean you son has lip/tonigue tie. very likely not. my point is that reflux doesnt come by itself usually something underlying causing it such as but not limited to swallowing too much air, allergies ect

I know. I wish I could get to the bottom of it but I don’t know how.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics