Less than 25%  
 57%  [ 79 ]
About 50%  
 24%  [ 34 ]
Total Votes : 137

amother
OP  

Post Yesterday at 3:32 pm
What do you think are the chances that a frum English speaking woman who has internet access at home is either on imamother or checks it out (even without logging in) every now and then?
Obviously not counting those who don't have internet.

amother
Phlox

Post Yesterday at 3:36 pm
Less than 25%
Most people are too busy and not everyone is into threads. I don’t go on here often and everyone I know is too busy and uninterested/its not their thing
Also, a big portion of frum women are only Hebrew / Yiddish speakers and therefore don’t count as part of the community that can come on here

amother
  OP  

Post Yesterday at 3:38 pm
amother Phlox wrote:
Less than 25%
Most people are too busy and not everyone is into threads. I don’t go on here often and everyone I know is too busy and uninterested/its not their thing
Also, a big portion of frum women are only Hebrew / Yiddish speakers and therefore don’t count as part of the community that can come on here

Thanks for your reply. I meant English speaking. I'll add this point.

amother
Amaranthus

Post Yesterday at 4:03 pm
I think less than5% of frum, English speaking women with internet check Imamother.

amother
  OP  

Post Yesterday at 4:04 pm
Somehow I thought that most frum women with internet access would be here at one point of their life or another. Being that it's the only frum website geared for women I'd think that almost everyone came across it at some point and then came back for more. I'm not on Instagram if that makes a difference. I'm also not talking about those who are too busy to be on the internet for some chill time altogether. But according to the poll it's a lot less than I thought.

Genius

Post Yesterday at 4:23 pm
I would be surprised if it’s more than ten percent. I’d imagine it’s closer to five.

amother
Daffodil

Post Yesterday at 4:35 pm
Tons of people read it without making an account a lot more than anyone realizes. Whenever I search any Jewish topic imamother is my top result.

Miranda Wright

Post Yesterday at 4:40 pm
amother Daffodil wrote:
Tons of people read it without making an account a lot more than anyone realizes. Whenever I search any Jewish topic imamother is my top result.

If you're searching from your own device, that might be because of your personalized algorithm.

amother
Nemesia

Post Yesterday at 5:03 pm
Miranda Wright wrote:
If you're searching from your own device, that might be because of your personalized algorithm.

Google search results are not based on past searches or your device. You are referring to banner ads.

amother
  OP

Post Yesterday at 5:23 pm
amother Daffodil wrote:

That's what I thought too

shabbatiscoming

Post Yesterday at 8:38 pm
Nah, not a large percentage. There are so many different social media sites out there.
I dont think a big percentage at all.
Im on thi site almost 20 years. Ive know only maybe 2 or 3 women in real life from here.
I think its way less than you think.

amother
Tomato

Post Yesterday at 8:49 pm
I don’t know, maybe it’s only my circles but I know a lot of people on here. I came across this site from random googling. When I asked others about it I found out that both my sisters, 3 of my sister in laws, and a couple of friends had been on here at some point or another. And I didn’t ask that many people. I got like an 80-90% positive response rate (obvs anecdotal lol).
No one I know talks about it in real life though.

dankbar  

Post Yesterday at 9:20 pm
I think it's a cheat one, because if people are not officially connected to Facebook/twitter/tiktok/instagram/YouTube due to kosher filters or wanting to comply with no internet usage rules like for entertainment/school and only allow themselves or are allowed for business/medical reasons or they'll also use maybe for shopping and imp things like weather, waze, Uber, Amazon then they might bump into this site at some point or allow themselves to cheat because it's the only site that doesn't get blocked by kosher filters.

amother
Maple

Post Today at 12:10 pm
Can you define 'frum' so we can answer accurately?

Trademark

Post Today at 1:37 pm
amother Maple wrote:
Can you define 'frum' so we can answer accurately?

What's there to be defined?

This site allows only frum women, so take that as your guideline.

dankbar

Post Today at 1:48 pm
Not frum or not, I think it's community based.

In communities where internet usage is allowed and common and openly spoken about, why wouldn't they come on here, and even discuss openly their usage or topics discussed here irl, otoh, they have wider options, so they can opt which sites they want to participate in and might prefer closer knit communities that are more personal, then they might not need this site, for sane purpose.

Now otoh, where internet usage is taboo, first of all, many don't have internet, so they wouldn't be here, Secondly whoever does, doesn't talk openly about coming here, so how would you know, and thirdly as I said before, this would probably be the first place they'd be on social media because easiest access re filters and considered the most ok kosher rather than other.....you don't need Facebook, YouTube, Instagram to enter.

amother
Snow

Post Today at 1:50 pm
As far as I know, none of my good friends are on imamother. Doubt any of my sister or sisters in law are either. Maybe 1 or 2. It’s just not the type.

amother
Snowflake

Post Today at 1:54 pm
I remember as a kid my mother being on here. I don’t think she’s been on here in years.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Today at 2:00 pm
When I bring Imamother, most people know what it is. Or if I say an online forum, they always guess it too! 25% or even 10% is still tens of thousands of frum women.

Also I'm sure Yael has the data. I'm curious how many daily active users, new accounts per year, total all time accounts created. Would be interesting to see!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics