Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Israel for sukkos

alwaysaprincess  

Post Yesterday at 11:34 pm
We’re traveling to Eretz Yisroel for sukkos (despite my crazy anxiety- Hashem please keep us- and all yidden safe)
What kind of clothes do I pack for myself and kids? Strictly summer? Or will it get chilly by October? My kids summer stuff is all torn by now…

confused 2

Post Yesterday at 11:36 pm
Which airline? Mine cancelled today Lufthansa

alwaysaprincess  

Post Yesterday at 11:56 pm
Going to Greece and taking elal flight from there. Not a connecting flight

amother
Blonde

Post Today at 12:06 am
We're also going to Israel for Succos iy"H. B"H for El Al! We booked tickets ages ago because we're going for a simcha.

I'm planning on packing mostly summer and early fall type clothing plus layers. I wouldn't bring any real winter clothing other than an extra sweater or sweatshirt.

alwaysaprincess

Post Today at 12:14 am
amother Blonde wrote:
We're also going to Israel for Succos iy"H. B"H for El Al! We booked tickets ages ago because we're going for a simcha.

I'm planning on packing mostly summer and early fall type clothing plus layers. I wouldn't bring any real winter clothing other than an extra sweater or sweatshirt.

Thanks! Chunky knit sweater and plaid skirts for kids? Or denim and tees? I know clothes are not what matters on trips like these but just need to organize myself!

dats me

Post Today at 12:50 am
You should probably bring a range of clothing with options for warm to cool weather. Even if warm by day, evenings will probably be much cooler.
Also it’s been much cooler in Jerusalem the past week, my kids are wearing long sleeves and pants. It can definitely get warm again though.

amother
Lightcyan

Post Today at 1:30 am
When they say “cool” it’s more like being a zippable jacket and zippable hoodie sort of thing, a cardigan. I live in Israel and that’s the most likely thing you’ll want since the weather does fluctuate this time of year a lot. Something that can be taken on/off easily.
It’s slightly chilly now, so I wear an extra layer in the morning and evenings, but it very well might be warmish come sukkos

essie14

Post Today at 1:46 am
It's HOT here right now!
High 80s. Going into low 90s by the weekend.

Brit in Israel  

Post Today at 1:49 am
Long sleeve summer and a sweatshirt for evenings.
If you have light winter you may be able to wear it.

Elfrida

Post Today at 4:05 am
alwaysaprincess wrote:
Thanks! Chunky knit sweater and plaid skirts for kids? Or denim and tees? I know clothes are not what matters on trips like these but just need to organize myself!

No! No chunky sweaters! They'll suffocate from the heat!

It's cooling down from the summer heat, but daytime is still hot. Evenings are cooler, so you can bring something extra to layer, but keep it fairly light.

The weather at this time of year goes up and down, and we're more likely to have a late heatwave than to need winter clothes.

amother
Jean  

Post Today at 4:59 am
It’s chilly here! My kids are wearing sweaters in the park from 4pm on. Mornings and nights are very chilly definitely don’t only bring summer.

amother
  Jean

Post Today at 5:01 am
amother Jean wrote:
It’s chilly here! My kids are wearing sweaters in the park from 4pm on. Mornings and nights are very chilly definitely don’t only bring summer.

I’m in Yerushalayim for reference. It could be some people saying it’s hot are in a different area

Brit in Israel

Post Today at 5:45 am
amother Jean wrote:
I’m in Yerushalayim for reference. It could be some people saying it’s hot are in a different area

I'm in yerushalaim and my kids are still in shorts in the park. Probably depends which area. Bayit vegan and harnof etc are on a hill and it's usually more windy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics