Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
What is really involved in maintaining a lace sheitel

amother
OP  

Post Mon, Sep 23 2024, 5:47 pm
I am in the process of buying one. I really just want something very thin and light- unlike what I have now. I don't necessarily care if its lace or not. I am curious to hear from others how long a lace top will last and what maintenance is like. I am not the most gentle/responsible person with delicate things lol.

amother
Bluebell

Post Mon, Sep 23 2024, 6:34 pm
Not much
Mine are awesome B”H

amother
  OP

Post Mon, Sep 23 2024, 6:39 pm
amother Bluebell wrote:
Not much
Mine are awesome B”H

Thanks!

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Sep 23 2024, 6:43 pm
You can get thin skin tops also that look very natural (I hear RX are great, thin light weight sheitles)

I have a lace front, so that is the experience I am talking about. I never had a lace top.
No specific maintenance, other than making sure to put the lace low on the sheitle head so it doesnt stretch out, and along the same lines, not sticking your fingers under the lace to adjust. Learning to get a lace sheitle on, to sit right, and not be obvious looking is a Learning curb, but once you get it, it's really not too different from regular. I needed to go back for adjustments so many times to get it right (that's probably cuz I have a small head and sheitle simply was too big, but it wouldn't have bothered me had the lace layer flat)

Another thing I don't like, is that to lay flat, and give a natural look, it needs to be flush against the skin - I.e. tight. And it took a while to get used to it for me. Got lots of headaches at the beginning.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels