Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Succos
Yom Tov in 10 minutes or less
  Previous  1  2  3 11  12  13  Next

BH Yom Yom

Post Thu, Sep 19 2024, 10:58 pm
Bumping up this amazing thread, it’s that time of year again!

ETA can we make an Imamother 10 minutes or less cookbook? I know there’s a “dinners for a year” cookbook somewhere on the site, I think this would be a great addition!

amother
  OP

Post Thu, Sep 19 2024, 11:08 pm
BH Yom Yom wrote:
Bumping up this amazing thread, it’s that time of year again!

ETA can we make an Imamother 10 minutes or less cookbook? I know there’s a “dinners for a year” cookbook somewhere on the site, I think this would be a great addition!

I think this thread should be pinned, is there a way to request that?

It took off beyond my wildest imagination. It's my second longest thread.

srbmom

Post Thu, Sep 19 2024, 11:10 pm
I love this thread and refer to it time and time again - I am so happy it was bumped up! Probably my best thread ever to read on this site

amother
  Scarlet

Post Thu, Sep 19 2024, 11:28 pm
I’ll add a new recipe:
Marinated Mushrooms-works great as an ‘extra’ with fish/dips or with meat, etc. and so simple.

Use regular white button mushrooms or baby bellas (you can even use canned whole mushrooms).
Cut them into bite sized pieces (I take off the stem, trim it & cut it if it’s big then cut the cap in 2-8 wedges-depending on size. Little ones can get left whole).
Put them in a container with a couple of bay leaves and add good Italian dressing (I like wishbone or Ken’s). You want to just about cover them. The mushrooms will shrink so feel free to squeeze them into a not quite big enough container.
Let them sit at room temp for a bit, or stick them right in the fridge. They will be good in a few hours but the longer they sit the stronger &deeper the flavor gets. They don’t spoil (I’ve had them in my fridge for months sometimes). Also, you can add more mushrooms at any time.

Enjoy!

amother
Oak

Post Fri, Sep 20 2024, 12:24 am
Wow this is so helpful
For me
Thank you all!

Roots

Post Fri, Sep 20 2024, 4:14 am
I cant belive I missed this thread in the past
such great ideas

Amelia Bedelia  

Post Fri, Sep 20 2024, 4:29 pm
Thanks for this thread. I added some recipes to my Recipe Box. I especially want to try the strawberry pomegranate ice cream.

soproud

Post Sat, Sep 21 2024, 11:43 pm
amf wrote:
Salmon skewers-
Ask your fish store to cut the salmon filets into 2-3 inch cubes
Dress salmon with your quickest marinade (we like Maple + orange juice + soy sauce + ginger), either marinate 20 min or don't lol, thread onto skewer, bake 16 min on 425
Serve on a bed of lettuce to be extra fancy, or in a large glass standing up (smaller skewers work better for that)

Fruit salad- can of mandarin oranges, can of peaches, can of pears, fresh grapes. Can also do a diced green apple for extra crunch and tartness but that's more work. Cut the peaches and pears, mix some spoonfuls of the juice from the mandarins with lime juice. Mix and serve.

Would you please share measurements for the salmon marinade? Thanks

Amelia Bedelia  

Post Yesterday at 12:08 am
Some butchers sell ready to bake meat and poultry. Krm in BP sometimes has them on sale, for example, stuffed capons, so it's sometimes even cheaper to buy them already seasoned than to make your own!
Also, someone posted, but pickled dark chicken roast - kids love it plain, and all I need to do is cook it up- no sauces.

chestnut  

Post Yesterday at 5:50 pm
amother Smokey wrote:
Put chicken cutlets in 9x13 pan (leave room between cutlets)
Pour thousand island dressing over
Cover with breadcrumbs
Turn each piece over and repeat. Scary tops with cooking spray
Bake uncovered on each side for 10-12 minutes

Any idea at what temperature?

Amelia Bedelia

Post Yesterday at 6:16 pm
chestnut wrote:
Any idea at what temperature?

I would do on 400

chestnut

Post Yesterday at 6:27 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
I would do on 400

Thanks!
Did one side on 425, and the other side is baking now on 450 cause it was pale after 425 lol

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Yesterday at 6:35 pm
Grrr so much delicious recipes and this mama is on the couch unable to think of cooking!!

Finishing up first trimester and NOT up to cooking lol

And I’m usually in the kitchen making yummy food every year lol

ETA-I’m screenshotting the yummy recipes you are all posting and hoping to have koach to make 1/3 of it lol

My ideas:
challa.
(Fish no way I can’t stand the smell)
Chicken soup balls n lukshen
Tongue and that crockpot pulled beef and 2 easy sides
Some dessert not sure yet. I might make Viennese crunch ice cream (crushed Viennese crunch mixed in)

This for me right now is OVERWELMING but I hope I can do it with my teens help

DK1

Post Yesterday at 6:36 pm
Coat brisket with general tso sauce and cook covered at 300 for 3 hours (sometimes more) until tender.

amother
Mauve  

Post Yesterday at 10:37 pm
amother Grape wrote:
I have one: farfel or kasha
Bring a pot of chicken soup to a boil. Put raw farfel or kasha in a mesh bag, knot it and put it in the pot. I hang it over the side of the pot and cover the pot so the bag doesn't fall in. Let it cook for 10-15 minutes. Scoop out with a fork Put in a pan, cut open the bag and pour out the farfel or kasha. Season to taste but it has the flavor of the soup already. You could add fried onions.
Also I make cabbage and bowties with kasha instead of bowties for a carb free side dish.

amother
  Mauve

Post Yesterday at 10:40 pm
Does the kasha get completely submerged?

amother
  Grape

Post Yesterday at 10:49 pm
Yes. Cook for about 20 min so it's done completely.
Correction: kasha is not carb free but it's a healthier carb and lower glycemic index.

amf

Post Yesterday at 11:28 pm
soproud wrote:

I really don't have measurements I'm sorry! Im guessing one part maple to 2 parts OJ? And generous splash of soy, same with the ginger
I just pour everything into a bowl, mix and dump on the salmon

amother
  Powderblue

Post Yesterday at 11:34 pm
soproud wrote:

https://www.doyouroux.com/oran.....-card

TravelHearter

Post Today at 12:13 am
Can someone post which mains they made from this and froze successfully? I mean completely finished..not prepared but raw in the freezer
Page 12 of 13   Previous  1  2  3 11  12  13  Next Recent Topics