Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
Need easy desserts that freeze well

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 13 2024, 11:00 am
My 9 year old wants to make some desserts for Rosh Hashana and freeze them. I'm not a great baker, but she loves to bake...mostly simple things like cookies, blondies, or dump cakes.

Any ideas of desserts she can make and freeze that would be special for yom tov, so not just a regular cake or blondie?

Here are some things I was thinking of...

Some sort of trifle. I have some not-so-great old cake, so she can layer it with pareve whipped cream and something else? Maybe some sort of strawberry layer? That should freeze well, right?

We always make ice cream pie (defrost whip, crush pareve oreos, pour into ready-made pie shell), so that will be on the menu.

I'd love any other ideas...

amother
Petunia

Post Fri, Sep 13 2024, 11:06 am
Please treat yourself to some new, fresh cake. Starting with a base of old not great cake sounds sad for yontiff. You can make a couple of containers of pareve whip. Layer cubes of cake spread with apricot or strawberry jam with the cream. Add in diced strawberries or dried fruit soaked in orange juice or a little rum for a kick. Finish with cream sprinkled with cocoa and with the remaining berries. Google some doctored cake mixes. You can add pudding or other flavoring. You can also make a nice stacked dessert with brownies, pareve ice cream, and chocolate syrup. Sprinkle pomegranate seeds over for a RH garnish.

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Fri, Sep 13 2024, 11:10 am
I find sorbets to be very easy for kids to do
If she does it in cups and does 2 layers it looks pretty
Strawberry sorbet
1 bag frozen strawberries
1 cup orange juice
1cup sugar
3 tablespoons lemon juice
Blend it

Mango sorbet
1 bag frozen mango
I cup orange juic
3/4 cup sugar
3 Tablespoons sugar
Blend it

It comes out slightly creamier when you do a double blending but it is not necessary.
Take it out of freezer 10 minutes before serving

Lotus trifles
Break up lotus cookies as base
Whip up a whip
With half if it fold in lotus butter
Then layer the cookies
Lotus butter whip
Regular whip
Garnish with lotus cookie

amother
Wisteria

Post Fri, Sep 13 2024, 11:10 am
Between carpools has easiest recipe take mini graham cracker crust , brownie mix and frozen cookie dough and piece of choc put scoop of brownie then cookie dough on top / side and choc also just stick in and bake 350 for around 20 min it’s delicious and so nice for yuntiv!

Cheiny

Post Today at 12:54 pm
We made the Duncan Hines chocolate brownie mix, with half cup oil and can of cherry pie filling… the kids love it and so easy!

Dolly151

Post Today at 4:15 pm
Basically every dessert freezes well.
All cookies, cinnamon buns, cakes without fruit, brownies, bars. Everything!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur