Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Online schooling

amother
OP  

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 1:12 pm
Does anyone know of any good online program for a middle school child who isn’t able to be in school? Just for math and English subjects, would use it about 30 min a day.

amother
Lightgray

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 1:34 pm
Penn Foster maybe

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 1:39 pm
I heard of something called alex or something like that.

Did you look into Melamed academy? My son took one of their math courses as a supplement while in real school. (arranged my his school when he tested out of the highest math class and was bored)

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 4:01 pm
amother Blush wrote:
I heard of something called alex or something like that.

Did you look into Melamed academy? My son took one of their math courses as a supplement while in real school. (arranged my his school when he tested out of the highest math class and was bored)

Thank you! It looks good, I will contact them to see if they have what I need.

Hashem_Yaazor  

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 4:30 pm
My son used Aleks for math and I know a few others who did. He is self motivated and good at it so I can't speak if it's a good program for everyone

I had him take an English class on melamed as well during high school and it was also good for him.
I have another son finishing up high school credits (he skipped a year) and taking statistics on melamed but it's just putting him through iXL.

TwinsMommy

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 5:30 pm
My son is doing much of high school via Edgenuity. Why only 30 minutes a day though?

amother
  OP

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 6:37 pm
TwinsMommy wrote:
My son is doing much of high school via Edgenuity. Why only 30 minutes a day though?

He has a medical condition and that is all he can handle right now. He goes to school for Hebrew but not English and is behind his grade in those subjects. I want something short and interesting that he can do at his own pace to be up to par in math, grammar and vocabulary. He does not need science, history or any other subjects that he doesn’t specifically learn skills that he will need when he god willing goes back to school full time.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 7:42 pm
Other options include Khan Academy which I don't know how much control you have over it and thinkwell for math, which is nicely structured.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics