Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Does hosiery really cost this much??
Previous  1  2

giftedmom  

Post Fri, Sep 13 2024, 10:17 am
amother Clover wrote:
I buy shabbos tights on ali. The fit is amazing and the design is really pretty.

Here's the link https://a.aliexpress.com/_m06ubyU

Just ordered for YT thanks!

amother
Aubergine

Post Fri, Sep 13 2024, 10:49 am
bsy wrote:
I buy clearance at the end of the season for the next year.

This

Also you don't have to only shop end of season. Many stores have last year's stuff on sale all year round. For example double header has last season stuff on their website. Hosiery plus usually has some racks or baskets with last years stuff.

If you only want to buy this season and the most expensive brands then of course it's gonna cost a lot. What do you expect?

amother
  OP  

Post Fri, Sep 13 2024, 11:16 am
amother DarkYellow wrote:
Why do you need frum brands?
Buy multipacks from major retailers.

I buy all our tights and socks from Amazon, children's place and target. Plain white/black tights are good enough- I don't need them to specifically match each dress.

Childrens place has colored too- they sell for uniforms so have a lot of options. But honestly people over spend on socks and tights and those things rip easily and no one really notices them...

I don’t need frum brands but I find that good quality ones on Amazon (Jefferies, etc) are often just as expensive so I’d rather just give my money to a Jewish store if I can. I like the spot on basics ribbed tights (which I feel like used to be $3.99 and are now $6.49?!) for Shabbos because we live in a cold place so the kids really need something thick.

I will admit that I do want them to match, so we needed two cream and navy for my 4 year old daughter and cream, brown, and navy for my baby boy, which made buying multipacks difficult, and then on top of that the cheaper frum brands were sold out in the sizes/colors we need so I ended up having to go with zubi for a couple and condor (on sale…no way would I spend $20+ for cotton tights!) for two. so it all kind of added up.

Do you have links for the target tights you like? Last year we bought from there and they were so small! So I haven’t bought them again. I’ll look at children’s place.

amother
  Trillium

Post Fri, Sep 13 2024, 11:18 am
amother OP wrote:
I don’t need frum brands but I find that good quality ones on Amazon (Jefferies, etc) are often just as expensive so I’d rather just give my money to a Jewish store if I can. I like the spot on basics ribbed tights (which I feel like used to be $3.99 and are now $6.49?!) for Shabbos because we live in a cold place so the kids really need something thick.

I will admit that I do want them to match, so we needed two cream and navy for my 4 year old daughter and cream, brown, and navy for my baby boy, which made buying multipacks difficult, and then on top of that the cheaper frum brands were sold out in the sizes/colors we need so I ended up having to go with zubi for a couple and condor (on sale…no way would I spend $20+ for cotton tights!) for two. so it all kind of added up.

Do you have links for the target tights you like? Last year we bought from there and they were so small! So I haven’t bought them again. I’ll look at children’s place.

Where do you live? Could you have shopped around?

amother
  OP  

Post Fri, Sep 13 2024, 11:45 am
amother Trillium wrote:
Where do you live? Could you have shopped around?

Very small community OOT. We don’t have hosiery shops here so everything is online. Shirtstop and doubleheader are usually where I get from, but both are sold out or don’t carry the sizes/colors we need. I tried hats to hose, toetally you, sock shoppe, ch hosiery, and little toes and ended up ordering from little toes and sock shoppe because those were the ones I could make an order big enough at each to get free shipping.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Fri, Sep 13 2024, 11:49 am
amother Clover wrote:
I buy shabbos tights on ali. The fit is amazing and the design is really pretty.

Here's the link https://a.aliexpress.com/_m06ubyU

What age is this for? Could a 6 year old wear it? 8?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, Sep 13 2024, 12:04 pm
amother Bluebell wrote:
Socks I get on Amazon. I don't buy the $10 pairs of tights.

link?

amother
Junglegreen

Post Fri, Sep 13 2024, 1:00 pm
amother OP wrote:
Very small community OOT. We don’t have hosiery shops here so everything is online. Shirtstop and doubleheader are usually where I get from, but both are sold out or don’t carry the sizes/colors we need. I tried hats to hose, toetally you, sock shoppe, ch hosiery, and little toes and ended up ordering from little toes and sock shoppe because those were the ones I could make an order big enough at each to get free shipping.

Why don't you get from non jewish shops for your girls? Its much cheaper.

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Sep 13 2024, 1:14 pm
You spent a lot because you bought high end brands.

I dress my kids well yet I never purchased condor anything.

Boys socks you buy basic black multi packs in any store or I pay $3 a pair in jewish store if I want colors.

Girls weekday tights I found marks & Spencer to be well made fit nicely & pretty cheap. Shabbos design thicker tights I buy zubi ( spelling?) Max $12 & last all season don't pill.

simcha12plus

Post Fri, Sep 13 2024, 1:33 pm
condor tights are so pretty and so expensive!!

lamplighter

Post Fri, Sep 13 2024, 1:36 pm
I'm looking for thin tights for my girls for weekday. I don't need them to be any brand but we need a lot and not pilly. Tights that pill is money in the garbage.

giftedmom

Post Fri, Sep 13 2024, 2:08 pm
amother OP wrote:

Try next. Great fit and quality. Doesn’t fade like condor does.

amother
  Clover

Post Fri, Sep 13 2024, 3:12 pm
amother Saddlebrown wrote:
What age is this for? Could a 6 year old wear it? 8?

Yup. My 6 year old wears size M
My small 9 year old wears size L

amother
  OP

Post Fri, Sep 13 2024, 4:29 pm
notshanarishona wrote:
Total of $21 pairs means you spent average $9 a pair. That’s way overpriced for little kids. Next time don’t buy Jewish brands (unless you want to throw out $). Buy from Aliexpress

It was 25 pairs excluding the two outliers. Everything else ranged from $4-8 each and averaged $5.89/pair, which is pretty in line with Amazon/h&m/old navy it seems like. I think I’m just not so used to buying so much at once. I’ll have to stick to Ali next time.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics