Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Does hosiery really cost this much??
1  2  Next

amother
OP  

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 6:44 pm
This is my first winter dressing two kids in real shabbos clothes - a 4 year old and a 14 month old. I feel like I’m bleeding money into hosiery! Weekday tights for the 4 year old, then Shabbos tights and socks for both (one socks and one tights to match their three outfits), plus a few black hose and sock for me and I’m looking at close to $200! Is this normal?? How do people do this?! Please someone tell me I’m missing some kind of discount store.

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 6:46 pm
I spent a few hundred on 3 girls. It’s one of the hardest purchases.

amother
Bluebell

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 7:11 pm
amother OP wrote:
This is my first winter dressing two kids in real shabbos clothes - a 4 year old and a 14 month old. I feel like I’m bleeding money into hosiery! Weekday tights for the 4 year old, then Shabbos tights and socks for both (one socks and one tights to match their three outfits), plus a few black hose and sock for me and I’m looking at close to $200! Is this normal?? How do people do this?! Please someone tell me I’m missing some kind of discount store.

Socks I get on Amazon. I don't buy the $10 pairs of tights.

amother
Sand  

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 7:23 pm
Yes, that does sound ridiculous. How much are you paying for each? Baby and toddler tight are so easy to buy on Amazon/ Temu

giftedmom  

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 7:26 pm
There are many websites you can get tights and socks including ribbed, knit, designed etc. you don’t have to buy condor.
Ali, H&M, carters, next, gap etc.

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 10:19 pm
amother Sand wrote:
Yes, that does sound ridiculous. How much are you paying for each? Baby and toddler tight are so easy to buy on Amazon/ Temu

The most expensive are $18 and $13 for condor tights on sale because the cheap and middle brands are sold out from both stores I ordered from in the sizes and colors we need. The total was $179 (including tax but bh free shipping) so minus those the rest average to $5.89 each.
It’s:
2 pairs knee highs for me for under robes
4 2packs of black hose for me
6 pairs Shabbos socks
6 pairs Shabbos tights
5 pairs everyday tights for the 4 year old.

I could only find multi packs on Amazon, which do work out cheaper per piece but we don’t truly need multiple, so ordering individually from frum stores is cheaper. I’ve never used Temu.

momX4

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 10:25 pm
When my girls were little I purchased tights from Carters, Oshkosh and Gap. I used coupon codes.

amother
Trillium  

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 10:26 pm
amother OP wrote:
The most expensive are $18 and $13 for condor tights on sale because the cheap and middle brands are sold out from both stores I ordered from in the sizes and colors we need. The total was $179 (including tax but bh free shipping) so minus those the rest average to $5.89 each.
It’s:
6 pairs Shabbos socks
6 pairs Shabbos tights
5 pairs everyday tights for the 4 year old.

I could only find multi packs on Amazon, which do work out cheaper per piece but we don’t truly need multiple, so ordering individually from frum stores is cheaper. I’ve never used Temu.

I went to Simi’s socks and shells and bought butterfly tights for $6
Socks for $3-4 I think memoi
Condor is known to be expensive

mamalooo

Post Fri, Sep 13 2024, 2:26 am
I really love sheins shabbos tights! and they also have beautiful socks
they have some very trendy styles!

Elfrida

Post Fri, Sep 13 2024, 3:32 am
amother OP wrote:

It’s:
6 pairs Shabbos socks
6 pairs Shabbos tights
5 pairs everyday tights for the 4 year old

These items look as though you could have bought multi-packs, instead of five or six individual pairs.

Looking at five pairs if every tights for the four year old, that will probably get her through Yom Tov, but it's hard to think that five pairs will last her the entire winter. A couple of multi-packs might have cost more at this stage, but will save money over the season.

notshanarishona

Post Fri, Sep 13 2024, 4:22 am
Total of $21 pairs means you spent average $9 a pair. That’s way overpriced for little kids. Next time don’t buy Jewish brands (unless you want to throw out $). Buy from Aliexpress

bsy

Post Fri, Sep 13 2024, 4:45 am
I buy clearance at the end of the season for the next year.

amother
NeonOrange

Post Fri, Sep 13 2024, 9:30 am
I live OOT and was visiting my mom in lkwd a few weeks ago. I had bought my girls a funky color shoe and couldn’t find anything in the local stores to match it. I went to condor with the shoes and their new Shab dresses. I have 2 girls. 3 pairs of tights each and one pair of knee socks was $170

amother
Cadetblue

Post Fri, Sep 13 2024, 9:55 am
amother NeonOrange wrote:
I live OOT and was visiting my mom in lkwd a few weeks ago. I had bought my girls a funky color shoe and couldn’t find anything in the local stores to match it. I went to condor with the shoes and their new Shab dresses. I have 2 girls. 3 pairs of tights each and one pair of knee socks was $170

Wo

amother
DarkYellow

Post Fri, Sep 13 2024, 10:00 am
Why do you need frum brands?
Buy multipacks from major retailers.

I buy all our tights and socks from Amazon, children's place and target. Plain white/black tights are good enough- I don't need them to specifically match each dress.

Childrens place has colored too- they sell for uniforms so have a lot of options. But honestly people over spend on socks and tights and those things rip easily and no one really notices them...

Ruchel

Post Fri, Sep 13 2024, 10:06 am
Buy cheapest for kids in bulk

amother
Chambray

Post Fri, Sep 13 2024, 10:06 am
Condor is luxury

But yes, it took me a while to get used to hosiery store prices

amother
Steel

Post Fri, Sep 13 2024, 10:11 am
I buy one max two tights for shabbos and the cheaper brands. They fill in with weekday tights. Kids don’t NEED to have fancy tights.

amother
Clover  

Post Fri, Sep 13 2024, 10:14 am
I buy shabbos tights on ali. The fit is amazing and the design is really pretty.

Here's the link https://a.aliexpress.com/_m06ubyU
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics