Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Things you wanted when you were a kid and still miss....
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 10:52 pm
Uniforms

amother
Lightblue

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 11:08 pm

amother
Sand

Post Tue, Sep 10 2024, 6:21 am
Can't think of anything. When I don't get something I want, I usually eventually stop wanting it.

But I do miss the second bathroom and the bright flooding sunlight we had in the apartment I grew up in. I will never get over missing that.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Sep 10 2024, 6:38 am
amother Brown wrote:
This ! I’m almost up to sending my own daughter iyH if she d like but it still physically pains me that I didn’t go . Most of my friends did and in those days there were almost no good local options. I was a very smart and growth oriented person and would’ve thrived there ( abusive home etc ) but my parents refused to send me ( even had a way of covering the cost with grants etc but I think it was all part of the control aspect)
Everytime I watch girls ( neighbors family etc ) leave to sem in EY I get that deep ache in my heart

I’m really sorry. It sounds so painful to miss out on something you want so much when all your friends get it. I do think it’s a misconception that seminary is good for people from dysfunctional homes though. My friends and I who came from messed up families were utterly miserable in sem. It was one of the worst years of my life for sure. The emotional issues caused by our dysfunctional upbringings were worsened by the stressors of seminary life. It took us a year or two after to recover from the experience.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics