Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Three day Yomim Tovim/Shabbos, ISO amazing lasting cosmetics
Previous  1  2

amother
  DarkOrange

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 9:22 am
foreverone wrote:
Where can I buy shabbos make up? Any online links? I would love to purchase some ete products and blush

I got from 7thdayshine online. She has sellers in different areas so u can try on colors in person

amother
  Lemonchiffon  

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 10:20 am
foreverone wrote:
Where can I buy shabbos make up? Any online links? I would love to purchase some ete products and blush

Powder permissable to apply on shabbos?
https://shabbosbrushups.com/

mizle10

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 11:12 am
Ask your LOR before using any shabbos makeup

Ruchel

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 11:34 am
Brand Elite lasts a lot
I had eyeliner TECHOUVA

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 3:45 pm
What advice do makeup artists give clients to prepare for a 3 day yom Tov, if they are used to being fully made up. Are there things to do that havent been mentioned upthread?

amother
Darkblue

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 7:20 pm
So you folks are willing to go three days without washing your faces? Yuck. And all in the name of vanity. (Excluding those with major disfiguring conditions like burns, surgical scars, or port-wine stains--but mascara, liner, eye shadow, lipstick and blush are seldom being used for those kinds of situations. Heavy foundation is, and heterim to use it are possible because of the difficulty being seen in public with such conditions. But this is worlds away from " My eyelashes are invisible, my skin is blotchy, and my lips are colorless, I can't be seen like this."

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 7:53 pm
amother Darkblue wrote:
So you folks are willing to go three days without washing your faces? Yuck. And all in the name of vanity. (Excluding those with major disfiguring conditions like burns, surgical scars, or port-wine stains--but mascara, liner, eye shadow, lipstick and blush are seldom being used for those kinds of situations. Heavy foundation is, and heterim to use it are possible because of the difficulty being seen in public with such conditions. But this is worlds away from " My eyelashes are invisible, my skin is blotchy, and my lips are colorless, I can't be seen like this."

Vanity comes in many different shapes and colors. I dont spend on clothing, and I dont do many other things that others who are less into makeup may, but my complexion and skintone isnt great, and I feel yucky when my face looks bad.

monday

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 8:15 pm
amother Khaki wrote:
3 things:

Spray tan
False lashes
And get your eyebrows tinted.

If you cant be bothered with all of that just do the spray tan.

If you cant even be bothered with that get your eyebrows tinted a few days before ymtv.
Very cheap and frames the face.

If you dont want to faff with the false lasheson erve ymtv (I sometimes get it done before ymtv with liner), you can get your lashes tinted and permed a week or 2 before ymtv.

No maintenallnce or faff at all and makes your eyes look really great without makeup.

Eta ; just want to add Im not a high maintenance gal at all.

I used to be religious about spray tans before yomtov, wherever I was for yomtov id find out where to go before etc.
I really dont do this often at all, Im a busy mom and doesnt bother me so much any more.

But whem I do take the time to do any of these things, I appreciate the difference.

I tint my brows myself and for the tanning , I have a lot of products myself, but I like the spray tan better.
You can literally just get your face done.

Hey I'd love a recommendation for good spray tan. The ones I've used come out blotchy.

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 8:20 pm
monday wrote:
Hey I'd love a recommendation for good spray tan. The ones I've used come out blotchy.

Id like to know which work well as well, as long as its fragrance free.

t12345678

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 8:54 pm
Also looking for good spray tan recommendations in the Lakewood area

amother
  OP

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 10:53 pm
Of all the Shabbos-permissible Makeup products, which look the best?

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 11:00 pm
t12345678 wrote:
Also looking for good spray tan recommendations in the Lakewood area

Beach bum next to target

amother
  Khaki

Post Tue, Sep 10 2024, 4:58 am
Im in UK.

I find Morrocan tan is really good.

The colour is great abd not orangey.
You can wash off from 2 hours.
The longer you leave it the deeper and darker it will get.

amother
cornflower  

Post Tue, Sep 10 2024, 5:37 am
amother Bluebonnet wrote:
My Chanel longwear lipstick (it’s a color and clear gloss stick) lasts me 3 days

I use all Pat McGrath on the eyes and use a mix of Mac prime plus setting spray with my eyeshadow for extra longwear eyeliner

What exactly from pat macgrath? Her regular palettes or pressed glitter? Eyeliner?

amother
  cornflower

Post Tue, Sep 10 2024, 5:43 am
amother OP wrote:
What advice do makeup artists give clients to prepare for a 3 day yom Tov, if they are used to being fully made up. Are there things to do that havent been mentioned upthread?

Make up artists don’t recommend three day yom tov. They shudder and look back at you with visible horror in their eyes.

In general, to have make up last longer, alternate liquid and powder textures, use setting spray, drink through a straw, sleep on a silk pillow case.

amother
Clematis

Post Tue, Sep 10 2024, 6:08 am
Makeup only lasts as long as the skin cells on the surface, which regenerate pretty often. Exfoliate, but even so, you might find that your makeup flakes off, and there's nothing you can do about that.

frumNYC  

Post Tue, Sep 10 2024, 10:46 pm
amother OP wrote:

I spoke to my MUA today and she recomended two alternatives-
use theater makeup (its thick but foundation will stay over 24 hours- she said her BP and williamsburg clients love for shabbat.

Ben Nye foundation ( in your tone) + setting powder https://amzn.to/3MC2RNs (this one is her favorite but ben nye is ok as well)
+ final seal from ben nye https://amzn.to/4gjgE9e

alternatively the it cc foundation in your shade the full coverage + setting powder https://amzn.to/3MC2RNs https://amzn.to/3MFShVB

she said maybeline waterproof mascara and tint your brows

I can ask more questions, lmk.

amother
  Lemonchiffon  

Post Tue, Sep 10 2024, 11:26 pm
amother OP wrote:
Of all the Shabbos-permissible Makeup products, which look the best?

Shabbos Brushups roll on lip color. Velvet is the color that looks best on me.
https://shabbosbrushups.com/co.....elvet

Along with natural skin color foundation powder on a clean face and blush.

If you have koach you can line your eyes with their black powder using a wing tip liner brush but it's not easy to work with powder there and I don't suggest you start with that.

As much as I don't go anywhere without eyeliner/mascara, I found on a fresh face, powders of foundation, blush and the roll on lip color make a huge huge difference on shabbos and YT. I feel and look refreshed like a person.

There are no shabbos mascara options (tint before a long YT if you'd like). Don't bother with their clear thin shabbos mascara formula.

amother
  Lemonchiffon

Post Tue, Sep 10 2024, 11:34 pm
I see that have a new eyeliner applicator set. I haven't tried it yet but looking forward to buying it for YT.
https://youtube.com/shorts/Oox.....lVIlC

I don't use or need the lip liner, but I'm attaching this video to show how the lip color roller ball works, which I use on shabbos.
https://youtube.com/shorts/-dr.....Pg2Js

frumNYC

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 8:42 am
my doctor reccomended to cover scars that cant get sun exposure, its water resistant. I used it in my face. it does work! https://amzn.to/3XDHt0n
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics