Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Three day Yomim Tovim/Shabbos, ISO amazing lasting cosmetics
1  2  Next

amother
OP  

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 6:06 pm
Were approaching many Three day Yom Tov/Shabbosim, where we cant refresh makeup. I tried Shabbat makeup and the powders made me look and feel awful.

In 2-3 days no foundation or concealer will last.

Which makeup products (such as lipstick, and eye liner) will last that wont smudge and look like death warmed over?

UQT

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 6:20 pm
Static lipstick is great but I would think 11/2 days the most. Nothing lasts three days.

amother
Cherry

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 6:31 pm
That's the only part I'm not looking forward to about yom tov.

amother
Bluebonnet  

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 6:32 pm
My Chanel longwear lipstick (it’s a color and clear gloss stick) lasts me 3 days

I use all Pat McGrath on the eyes and use a mix of Mac prime plus setting spray with my eyeshadow for extra longwear eyeliner

mommyhood

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 6:48 pm
https://www.gadecosmetics.com/.....age=2
I use this eyeliner. Bit of a pain to apply, I use an eyeliner brush and do one part of the eye at a time or it makes a mess but it lasts 3 days.

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 6:57 pm
That's why, I'll go and buy Shabbos make-up this year...

amother
Navyblue  

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 7:02 pm
amother Bluebonnet wrote:
My Chanel longwear lipstick (it’s a color and clear gloss stick) lasts me 3 days

I use all Pat McGrath on the eyes and use a mix of Mac prime plus setting spray with my eyeshadow for extra longwear eyeliner

Can you link exactly which products you used? Ty

amother
Khaki  

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 7:04 pm
3 things:

Spray tan
False lashes
And get your eyebrows tinted.

If you cant be bothered with all of that just do the spray tan.

If you cant even be bothered with that get your eyebrows tinted a few days before ymtv.
Very cheap and frames the face.

If you dont want to faff with the false lasheson erve ymtv (I sometimes get it done before ymtv with liner), you can get your lashes tinted and permed a week or 2 before ymtv.

No maintenallnce or faff at all and makes your eyes look really great without makeup.

Eta ; just want to add Im not a high maintenance gal at all.

I used to be religious about spray tans before yomtov, wherever I was for yomtov id find out where to go before etc.
I really dont do this often at all, Im a busy mom and doesnt bother me so much any more.

But whem I do take the time to do any of these things, I appreciate the difference.

I tint my brows myself and for the tanning , I have a lot of products myself, but I like the spray tan better.
You can literally just get your face done.

amother
  Navyblue

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 7:06 pm
amother Aqua wrote:
That's why, I'll go and buy Shabbos make-up this year...
where do you buy it?

amother
DarkOrange  

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 7:28 pm
I just treated myself to shabbos makeup.
Nothing lasts well for 3 days.
I'm looking forward to YT now instead of dreading it. I'll be able to wash my face at night and apply fresh makeup in the morning

amother
Lemonchiffon  

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 7:51 pm
It took a lot of weekday practice for me to learn how to use the powders so that it looks good- better than bare skin.
I take a shower and start with a clean face.

amother
NeonYellow

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 7:55 pm
Any recommendations for Shabbat make up ?

amother
  Lemonchiffon  

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 8:03 pm
amother NeonYellow wrote:
Any recommendations for Shabbat make up ?

I like Shabbos Brush Ups because the lipstick powder comes in an applicator and is gorgeous (took a while to find a complimenting powder lip color).

They also have containers containing the powders with brush attached all in one, for foundation and blush (I use my own base powder).

Use a special winged liner brush to dip into the black eye powder to line your eyes.

amother
Skyblue

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 8:33 pm
agree
eyelash extensions and eyebrow tint

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 9:47 pm
I think Id rather never leave my house than use the Shabbat powder lipstick.

The feel of eating chicken soup with gritty powder lipstick on, even the slightest residue of it left on my lips, is

n a u s e a t I n g

and

d I s g u s t I n g !

And I have zero sensory issues with anything else.

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 2:35 am
I tint my brows myself and for the tanning , I have a lot of products myself, but I like the spray tan better.
You can literally just get your face done.[/quote]

How do you tint yourself? What products would I neec?

frumNYC  

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 7:29 am
I second dye/tint brows, my brow lady who is a professional MUA says this is the best powder to make makeup last and not smudge- https://amzn.to/3Tl25rQ

I am going to see her tomorrow and will get. more tips.

amother
  DarkOrange  

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 8:44 am
amother OP wrote:
I think Id rather never leave my house than use the Shabbat powder lipstick.

The feel of eating chicken soup with gritty powder lipstick on, even the slightest residue of it left on my lips, is

n a u s e a t I n g

and

d I s g u s t I n g !

And I have zero sensory issues with anything else.

You can skip the lip product. even just wearing the other products should make a big difference in how you look

I probably won't wear the lip powder before meals, but I'll use it before shul or before going out in the afternoon

Also 7th day shine makes a lip oil roller that you can use. It doesn't add color but it adds gloss

foreverone

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 9:07 am
Where can I buy shabbos make up? Any online links? I would love to purchase some ete products and blush

amother
  Bluebonnet

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 9:21 am
amother Navyblue wrote:
Can you link exactly which products you used? Ty

https://www.ulta.com/p/le-roug.....S_Non!google!Product_Listing_Ads&utm_source=google&utm_medium=paidsearch&cagpspn=pla&CATCI=aud-2286842217977:pla-2336856399106&CAAGID=126982651130&CAWELAID=330000200002847052&gad_source=1&gbraid=0AAAAAD9rLH5O3RCYi4oxT2qBGaf5wx92K&gclid=CjwKCAjwufq2BhAmEiwAnZqw8vLr4AedkI7MrBNI5EPabUzFc3tB0Oz406ahIUWWlEBFHxBBASuVsRoCbiEQAvD_BwE

https://www.ulta.com/p/mothers.....S_Non!google!Product_Listing_Ads&utm_source=google&utm_medium=paidsearch&cagpspn=pla&CATCI=aud-2286842217977:pla-2316515962544&CAAGID=107718647276&CAWELAID=330000200003172532&gad_source=1&gbraid=0AAAAAD9rLH5eIZS_Ws5OusaKdITZWUUZO&gclid=CjwKCAjwufq2BhAmEiwAnZqw8uYNCEIpBEIY0y-cSW_3s5NcYEGeVY-bfHSyF_LrCcVXnfWDN33_NhoCQ4AQAvD_BwE

https://www.sephora.com/produc.....aw.ds
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics