Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Can you help me find a new community/does it exist?
Previous  1  2

amother
Molasses

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 3:20 pm
amother Pumpkin wrote:
How is Baltimore suburban? It’s very inner city feel. Crowded, small houses. Not very country like.

I dont know which Baltimore you are talking about but definitely Not the baltimore I know! Only about 5% of the community at MOST lives in crowded tightly squeezed together houses. Yeah, not all houses are big, but most of Baltimore feels very suburban and grassy.

amother
  Pumpkin

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 3:22 pm
I guess compared to where I live now it’s not very grassy or suburban. But haven’t been there in quite a few years so maybe it expanded more.

miami85

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 7:13 pm
amother Poinsettia wrote:
Most of South Florida is not developments. The vast majority of frum people don't live in a development.

So might depend on which community, but like NMB is not developments, but they don't really have much in terms of fences, everything is open. The parts of Boca I was in were either developments or these cul-de-sacs which all face each other.

amother
NeonPink

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 11:53 pm
LA?
There was no mention in the OP about cost of living. LA is expensive but it does have great weather, chassidim, and a fairly suburban feel.
Take this with a grain of salt, this is based on what I knew over a decade ago.

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Tue, Sep 10 2024, 12:01 am
I live Scottsdale- but scorching hot in the summer.

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Sep 10 2024, 2:50 am
amother NeonPink wrote:
LA?
There was no mention in the OP about cost of living. LA is expensive but it does have great weather, chassidim, and a fairly suburban feel.
Take this with a grain of salt, this is based on what I knew over a decade ago.

Live here now and have lived here for a while.

Definitely amazing warm weather almost all year round. Right now is a heat wave and the winters get to a brisk 50 degrees during the day at the coldest (night is slightly lower). My kids mostly wear sweatshirts all winter and often forget them in their lockers overnight.

Total mix of people here. We have schools specifically geared for Chabad, chassidish (Bais Tzivia/Bnos Esther for girls, Cheder LA for boys) as well as several others that are MO, yeshivish...the whole spectrum. Same with shuls.

Valley is more suburban but it also depends on what you call suburban. I live in Pico on a block of apartment buildings but they aren't skyscrapers- mostly 2-3 story buildings. But a few blocks away are single family homes with yards.

Tons of parks and nature. All year round you can hike. What do you like to do? You can drive to the mountains for the day too... I went skiing on a Sunday once a season as a kid up in Big Bear and/or Mammoth and would be back by bedtime so I could go to school Monday.

But it is expensive to live here.

salt

Post Tue, Sep 10 2024, 3:20 am
Telzstone
Maaleh Amos
Ramat Bet Shemesh

Rabbit613

Post Tue, Sep 10 2024, 6:08 am
Most of Israel has nice warm climate. There are yishuvim with large backyards and privacy.

Katan

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 9:48 pm
West Hempstead is a fast growing Jewish community with every different kind of Jew. Everyone is so welcoming and friendly. This house just came on the market:

https://www.redfin.com/NY/West.....mej0w

Fabulous

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 10:02 pm
Katan wrote:
West Hempstead is a fast growing Jewish community with every different kind of Jew. Everyone is so welcoming and friendly. This house just came on the market:

https://www.redfin.com/NY/West.....mej0w

Is there a chassidish element there? I don't think so.

amother
Offwhite

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 11:37 pm
Fabulous wrote:
Is there a chassidish element there? I don't think so.

There is chabad
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating