Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Morah wants head checks
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
  Mustard

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 12:03 pm
amother OP wrote:
I know lol!! I keep thinking “rich privilege” or at least their not living paycheck to pay check like I am! May they always be so gebenched Smile
Butyou had said upthread that you do pay on time, you just don’t want to do head checks. That’s where the confusion comes from.

Magnolia72

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 1:43 pm
If you post date it she cannot deposit it before that date. I think that's normal.

amother
Jade  

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 1:50 pm
I know morahs who ask for blank checks so they can make it out to the grocery store or whatever they want to pay. its just like making it out to cash

amother
  Jade

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 1:54 pm
and cash is annoying because you have to run to the bank every time

amother
  Puce

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 2:07 pm
amother Jade wrote:
I know morahs who ask for blank checks so they can make it out to the grocery store or whatever they want to pay. its just like making it out to cash

I think that 3rd party checks are not considered ideal. If the check bounces, the third party then has to trace the owner of the check.

amother
  Sage

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 6:02 pm
amother Silver wrote:
If you bring it to the bank and hand it to the teller yes but when you deposit from your phone or a remote deposit machine the banks don’t care.

They do. I tried mobile deposit and the deposit wasn't accepted.

amother
  Snowdrop  

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 9:38 pm
amother OP wrote:
Of course I understand that she wants to get paid! And I am very good about it, I almost always give cash on the first of the month for every Morah.

This right here is why people assumed you always have enough cash to cover on the first of the month. Because you said in this post that you always have enough cash to cover on the first of the month.

amother
  Snowdrop

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 9:45 pm
amother OP wrote:
Because the person you give the check to can deposit it whenever they want. Zelle would be a specific day so it’s easier to make sure there is money in the account

On the first of the month, if you have the cash to pay like you say you do, you put the money in your account. This amount of money is designated to that specific check, it’s not your money anymore so you have no right to spend it again.

amother
  OP

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 10:47 pm
amother Snowdrop wrote:
This right here is why people assumed you always have enough cash to cover on the first of the month. Because you said in this post that you always have enough cash to cover on the first of the month.

I don’t take the money out on the first of the month. I take it out when I have it in the bank. I hold onto it until the first of the month and give it then

Elfrida

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 11:52 pm
amother OP wrote:
I don’t take the money out on the first of the month. I take it out when I have it in the bank. I hold onto it until the first of the month and give it then

Right, but once you've collected that sum, from your bank account or from other means, you can pay it into your bank account on the first of the month. From rhat point, assume the money is no lo ger there. She can pay in the cheque on the first or the fifteenth - in your accounting, that money is no longer there.

I give my landlord post dated cheques for my rent. The cheque is made out for the fifteenth of the month. I've noticed he normally pays it in anywhere within the following week, but in my mind, and my accounting, that money does not exist from the fifteenth onwards.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics