Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Morah wants head checks
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP  

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 12:13 am
It’s too late to call my toddlers morah to ask, but she wrote on the instructions that she wants head checks. 10 checks written out given on the first day and she will give them back to me when I pay every month.
I live in Lakewood, yeshivish area. Is this normal? I really don’t feel so comfortable with this but I don’t want to argue because it’s very important to me to be on good terms with my kids Morahs.

amother
Poppy

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 12:15 am
Depends on the Morah but you can call her to discuss.

amother
Mustard  

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 12:16 am
Depends on the Morah. Why aren’t you comfortable? You can for sure discuss it with her and explain your concerns.

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 12:19 am
What’s the issue? She wants to make sure she gets paid

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 12:20 am
I hardly ever use checks, and I don’t want to waste the few that I do have at home. Also how can I be sure that her cleaning lady or someone might steal the checks? She wants me to leave them blank.
This is nornal? To ask for 10 blank checks?

tigerwife

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 12:21 am
What’s the issue with this? What do you mean she’ll give them back when you pay?
I love doing head checks because I know I don’t have to worry about forgetting to make a payment each month.

Edited because I see your response. I wouldn’t give blank checks. Why wouldn’t they be made out for the amount of tuition?

Last edited by tigerwife on Sun, Sep 08 2024, 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
  OP  

Of course I understand that she wants to get paid! And I am very good about it, I almost always give cash on the first of the month for every Morah.

amother
  Mustard  

amother OP wrote:
I hardly ever use checks, and I don’t want to waste the few that I do have at home. Also how can I be sure that her cleaning lady or someone might steal the checks? She wants me to leave them blank.
No. head checks are not blank checks. Not normal at all.

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 12:22 am
tigerwife wrote:
What’s the issue with this? What do you mean she’ll give them back when you pay?
I love doing head checks because I know I don’t have to worry about forgetting to make a payment each month.

When I give cash she’ll give back the blank check.
I can’t just let her pay herself with blank checks because not always do I have money in the account

amother
Snow

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 12:23 am
Why would they be blank? Alternatively you can set up payments in Zelle too. Maybe ask her if she’d like that and then you don’t have a to worry about using up your checks or anything else.

amother
Snowdrop  

amother OP wrote:

Blank checks is not normal. Which parts are you to leave blank? Totally blank with a signature???

Leaving any part blank is not normal. Filled out checks dated the first of every month could be normal.

amother
IndianRed

I was always asked to give head checks but not blank. I think sometimes I made it out to cash.
It the morah’s responsibility once I hand it to her. If she loses it, she loses it.

amother
  Mustard  

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 12:27 am
amother OP wrote:
When I give cash she’ll give back the blank check.
I can’t just let her pay herself with blank checks because not always do I have money in the account
So make sure that before the first of the month you have money in the account. But she shouldn’t be given blank checks.

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 12:29 am
amother Mustard wrote:
So make sure that before the first of the month you have money in the account. But she shouldn’t be given blank checks.

She asked for blank checks so I guess I’ll just have to discuss it with her.
Also I can’t just make sure there is money in the account because when you pay with check, ppl deposit it whenever they want

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 12:37 am
I'm not in lkwd, but headchecks are always fully filled out where I live.
(And then I don't pay cash instead. The checks are used.)

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 12:40 am
We had to pay this way for childcare for a place we sent to (not in Lakewood) but the checks were not blank, just postdated. Definitely don't do blank -- that sounds fishy.

amother
  Snowdrop  

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 12:41 am
amother OP wrote:
Also I can’t just make sure there is money in the account because when you pay with check, ppl deposit it whenever they want

It’s really really important to keep track of all the checks you’ve written and have enough money in the account to cover ALL of them that have not yet gone through.

You say you make sure to always have the cash on the first of the month, you can just as well always make sure to deposit that amount into your checking account just before the first of the month.

amother
Lemonchiffon  

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 12:43 am
amother OP wrote:

I don’t understand this, because if you put money in the first of each month who cares when she withdraws it if you already put the money in and make sure it stays there?

You date the checks like 9/1; 10/1; 11/1 etc.
A post dated check is common and cannot be cashed before the date on the check

amother
  Snowdrop  

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 12:43 am
Is blank checks her usual policy? Or did she just offer you that option once you told her you would have a problem giving filled out head checks?

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 12:44 am
For sure not blank checks. Any time a morah asked for head checks, I simply gave one for the first month and gave a check at beginning of every month and simply never mentioned it. They prefer I guess but they obviously can’t insist on it. And I wouldn’t do it because it’s just not me.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics