Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Head checks. Lice or advance payment?? Depends on your job!

amother
OP  

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 1:50 pm
When I saw a thread about a Morah wanting head checks, my understanding was that she wants the kids checked for lice before the start of the year... Very Happy
Guess what my profession is? If you guessed I'm a professional lice checker, you guessed right!

I saw this at a Sheva Brochos I made recently, people see things thru the eyes of their profession, which makes for different observations of the same thing. I'd used beautiful scatter crystals, which as my role as a party planner I saw them as just that, beautiful scatter crystals. But the kids who attending saw them as a game, and were seeing who could flick them into a cup Very Happy .

I thought it was cute the way 2 groups of people could see 2 uses for the same item. Then a man came over to me and asked if I'd chosen the decor. Upon my affirmation that I had, he said that the crystals are a choking hazard. Turns out, he's a Hatzoloh guy, and has seen to many such incidents!

Anyone got any more such snippets, 2 people seeing different takes on one item?

No one person is right or wrong, just different!

amother
Vanilla

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 1:57 pm
Lol! I'm not a lice checker but that title also made me think lice!! I was surprised nobody mentioned it there.

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 2:01 pm
amother Vanilla wrote:
Lol! I'm not a lice checker but that title also made me think lice!! I was surprised nobody mentioned it there.

Where I live we don't spell checks, money ones like that. It's cheques, which is also why my brain went to lice checks! I don't think it was a misspelling, just different.

amother
DarkOrange  

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 2:03 pm
I'm a Morah and I also initially thought it was about lice. We don't call checks at the begining of the year head checks.

Success10

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 2:06 pm
Over 10 years ago I overheard two friends talking, one was debating "Vista" and I interjected that Vista was just the worst thing that ever happened to Windows, then they told me they were talking about strollers.

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 2:22 pm
Success10 wrote:
Over 10 years ago I overheard two friends talking, one was debating "Vista" and I interjected that Vista was just the worst thing that ever happened to Windows, then they told me they were talking about strollers.

Lol! when I was a lid I heard two adults discussing 'apples' but I couldn't follow at all. They were talking about Phones, but my brain was thinking apples from the supermarket!

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 2:26 pm
Is the spelling of cheques in the US, checks?

amother
  DarkOrange

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 2:27 pm
amother OP wrote:
Is the spelling of cheques in the US, checks?

Yes

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 2:29 pm
When I taught kindergarten before RH we talked how honey comes from Bees.
Bees start with the letter B. I asked what other word starts with B. One little girl said Birds.
When her mom came to pick her up she asked the little girl what she learned.
And the little girl said “birds and bees” 🙈

amother
  OP

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 5:03 pm
amother Vermilion wrote:
When I taught kindergarten before RH we talked how honey comes from Bees.
Bees start with the letter B. I asked what other word starts with B. One little girl said Birds.
When her mom came to pick her up she asked the little girl what she learned.
And the little girl said “birds and bees” 🙈

Oh my, that's hilarious!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics