Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Is something wrong with me?
Previous  1  2  3

imaima  

Post Sat, Sep 07 2024, 4:36 pm
amother OP wrote:
I never shop early for things. I wait and then buy on sale. I usually still find matching. If not, I buy only what there is.

I don't get the shopping early. You don't really need winter in aug/sept. Maybe by succos. But right after everything goes on sale.

My kids manage with stuff in the closet.
Anyways, there's always newer stuff. And old styles become nerdy. So what's this rush to buy?

I also don't understand some of the new styles. Do people by it cuz it's in, or they actually like it?

I have a hard time finding the current arrivals nice, especially shabbos stuff. Cheap fabrics, weird styles, and prints that I can't look at more than once.

Maybe there's something very wrong with me.

Yes
I don’t get this orphan style for shabbos for girls.
Rustic or pastoral is okay with some festive details, but brown checkered dresses remind me of Oliver Twist

imaima

Post Sat, Sep 07 2024, 5:46 pm
amother Peony wrote:
This is where I feel differently. It's not the pressure to buy before Sukkos. Yes, of course I can wait until after and buy sale.
(Personally I buy mostly end of season things the year before because my kids are still little and predictable)
It's Lkavod YT that I buy before YT. The years that the end of season items didn't work I went to the cheaper frum stores or ordered from AliSpecials/AliPicks because I davka want them Lkavod YT.

It's embarrassing to YT to wear worn out end of season clothing (that's already been worn and washed for months)

If your things look like new at the end of an entire season- please give me laundry lessons.

The clothes bought for pessach weren’t worn out. I had bought some warmer things and pessach was very summery so they are absolutely not worn out. I hope some of them will still work

amother
Glitter

Post Sat, Sep 07 2024, 8:58 pm
It is already getting a bit cold outside. I didn't shop yet, only a few sweatshirts I bought last year on sale, but I was feeling guilty today having my kids play outside today in their short outfits. It was totally a bit too cold for it! Yes, growing kids do need new things every season when they are growing, and it is usually too late to wait for sales to start the shopping as the weather already changed. I try to buy things the year before when they are 70% off, and fill in the rest with ali/ h&m etc. but still need to do some things in the jewish stores for the older ones who need tznius dresses/ skirts.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sat, Sep 07 2024, 10:48 pm
Nothing wrong with you!
I do the exact same thing! I even size up so it lasts a little longer and I take very good care of the clothing when doing laundry so they last and look perfectly fine the next year. My whites are super white and nothing shrinks. If it’s before a sale and a child grew out of something I’ll get something on Amazon under $20-$30!
I could actually Baruch Hashem afford new clothing every season but I choose not to spend and my husband is very grateful for it. My kids still look good and people compliment and ask where I get things and they’re shocked when I say it’s last years or from Amazon! If you could do it and feel good about it go for it!

amother
  Peony

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 5:53 am
imaima wrote:
The clothes bought for pessach weren’t worn out. I had bought some warmer things and pessach was very summery so they are absolutely not worn out. I hope some of them will still work

If it still looks like new then I would, but if it looks worn its not kavod YT IMO

ETA: You have new looking clothing EVERY Yom Tov?
Can't imagine how unless you buy a TON of extra clothing.

wanttobehappy

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 6:05 am
Good for u for not letting the outside pressure get to u!! I only shop cheap even if I don’t have to (like at all) it’s just a big fat waste of $$$. I can’t believe how the Heimish world fell so low that clothing became such a huge pressure. The prices are insane. People are literally having less kids cuss they feel the stress to dress them a certain way.. yes this is a huge huge problem with our generation. There is 0 option of the mother not working. Maybe if our clothing bills weren’t in the thousands it would help A LOT. It’s not just the clothing and shoes the amount of pressure we take and accept about how our tables should look… the food we make ur whole life is so so full of showing OFF… “let’s get back to basics fo what works for u!!! Stop caring so sosososo much about gashmuris

amother
Brass

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 6:08 am
I only have one daughter 2 years old but I felt that I had to go buy her a whole wardrobe now because all of her clothes are shorts rompers etc nothing appropriate even for fall. I would love to wait for sales but she will have nothing to wear in the meantime.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics