Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Bracelets on baby girls/toddlers
1  2  Next

amother
OP  

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 2:16 pm
For those that do wear them, they don't get ichy? I find that after a month or so, they are discolored and looking dirty. Do you replace them often?
Or do I just skip the idea?

amother
Violet

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 2:27 pm
I live in a community where it's very "done" but I personally find it somewhat tacky. I got one as a gift but whenever I put it on my baby she just tries to bite it which gets me nervous so she hardly ever wears it.

amother
Marigold

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 2:31 pm
When my twins were baby’s we got beautiful real gold baby bracelets with little harts on them
It never crossed my mind for them to wear them
It could have been put to good use to help identify them since they are identical

amother
Cyclamen

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 2:34 pm
Real gold doesn’t get discolored

But I don’t put on a baby, and find toddlers don’t want to wear daily

mommy1000

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 2:45 pm
I paint the bracelets with clear nail polish b4 wearing the first time. Repeat every few weeks or so.

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 3:46 pm
It seems uncomfortable for a baby. I put on a for a few minutes here or there but the babies who always have it on I feel sorry for.

amother
Honey

Post Sat, Sep 07 2024, 11:58 am
My kids never seemed to be bothered by it.
My oldest wore a gold one from 2 weeks old until about a yr and my 2nd had one that broke quickly and got a new one at 9 months and wore it until 2 yrs.
They weren't podgy babies so it wasn't tight on them and didn't discolor or itch them.
I think at the beginning I did take it off for baths but eventually got lazy about that.

newfrummommy

Post Sat, Sep 07 2024, 12:27 pm
After getting many “hes so cute!” I put bracelets on my baby girl and I love how girly it looks;)
I just hate that my mil comments every-time that it looks too tight….

amother
Bluebell

Post Sat, Sep 07 2024, 1:35 pm
Poor babies
No consent
What if it actually bothers them? At that age they don’t have a concept for aesthetics. Why not save it for just photoshoots/when they actually want to wear it themselves?

amother
NeonBlue

Post Sat, Sep 07 2024, 2:02 pm
My daughter is 5.5yo and has been wearing a real gold bracelet every day since she was about 6mo....

rkay

Post Sat, Sep 07 2024, 6:01 pm
Ye, they cost about $18. I just buy a new one when they start looking bad.

amother
Cognac

Post Sat, Sep 07 2024, 6:05 pm
I fail to see any reason to put jewelry, real or fake, on a baby, and good reasons not to.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Sat, Sep 07 2024, 6:07 pm
Of course my daughter wears bracelets. She has bangles that can't come off so they never get lost or break. Well cut them off when we need new ones

ittsamother  

Post Sat, Sep 07 2024, 6:07 pm
My first daughter got not one but two bracelets as baby gifts. Not real ones. So she wore one on each hand and looked adorable. They were adjustable so I just kept an eye on them and adjusted them as needed. She never even seemed to notice them but they looked so cute on her. Eventually they each broke, after about a year or so, I've bought her (and her little sis) one or two more since but never bothered to buy a real one since I didn't want to stress over them losing or breaking it. None of the bracelets ever last too long so I don't get them often. Maybe for YT once in a while. But at this age they love it when I get them one and enjoy it as long as it lasts.

amother
Bubblegum

Post Sat, Sep 07 2024, 6:08 pm
My baby (first girl after many boys) has a real gold bracelet on one hand since she was two weeks old, and a red one on the other hand for ayin hara
She doesn’t mind them. I also wear my tennis bracelet all the time. I don’t take it off to sleep or shower. It doesn’t bother me either

amother
Alyssum

Post Sat, Sep 07 2024, 6:14 pm
newfrummommy wrote:
After getting many “hes so cute!” I put bracelets on my baby girl and I love how girly it looks;)
I just hate that my mil comments every-time that it looks too tight….

Did the bracelets stop people from calling her a him? With my baby wearing earrings, two bracelets and a floral outfit, and having a very feminine face, I still got many “he’s so cute”
It’s fine, it doesn’t bother me.
After one too many times of my baby trying to chew the bracelets, I took them off. We will try again when she’s older.

amother
Buttercup

Post Sat, Sep 07 2024, 6:40 pm
The ones linked below, a few people told me, withstand tons of pool and baths and they haven't had them discolor even after a year.

https://thesterlingsociety.com.....elets

amother
Daisy

Post Sat, Sep 07 2024, 6:44 pm
amother Bluebell wrote:
Poor babies
No consent
What if it actually bothers them? At that age they don’t have a concept for aesthetics. Why not save it for just photoshoots/when they actually want to wear it themselves?

Why is it different than earrings? Or a hat?

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Sat, Sep 07 2024, 6:50 pm
My dd was born with bracelets and wears them 24/7 until they need to be replaced. It's a part of her and she didn't notice them. They don't really discolor. She is now 2 1/2 and a little princess and she loves her jewelry.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sat, Sep 07 2024, 6:53 pm
my baby is 14 months and shes wearing the same bracelet since she was born. it doesnt bother her and I have never taken it off I even bathe her in it. And its not discolored at all!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics