Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Bais medrash tuition

amother
OP  

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 10:28 pm
I'm not up to it yet, but am curious what I might be looking at in a few years.
I'm referring to yeshivish bais medrash. Like boys that go on to Mir yerushalim or BMG.
What is post HS bais medrash tuition?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 10:38 pm
What I've seen for post high school prior to EY is in the 20K range with the dorm fee included. Normal Litvish, type to go to Mir, etc after a few years....

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 11:09 pm
Wow! That's another salary practically!
Hashem has a plan... it will all work out and we'll iyh be able to pay it

amother
Waterlily  

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 11:11 pm
Mir and bmg isn’t right way.

2-4 years - America with dorming 15-20k
2 years - eretz yosroel - like Mir, Brisk…
X year - Bmg

(I’m only in the first stage now)

The cost was a shock to me too.

amother
Seablue

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 11:23 pm
Dont panic. Just like if somebody struggles to pay full tuition for high school they will apply for a tuition break, same with Bais medrash.
Personally, I have found it much easier to get a tuition break for Beis Medrash than for high school. I had a great experience with the Mir and other American and Israeli yeshivas. In general the more modern ones that some of my sons went to were less generous with tuition breaks than the more yeshivish ones.

amother
  OP

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 11:21 am
Thanks
I know mir and bmg aren't right away. Was saying those as a means to explain the hashkafa because I do believe different types of yeshiva do charge different amounts

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 2:11 pm
We have sent to 2 different post Mesivta yeshivas in the U.S., 2 in EY, and BMG (for multiple sons). My husband and I both work full time, not in klei kodesh, and I guess you could us middle income. We got tuition breaks from all of the above. I really doubt that unless a family is wealthy, they pay full tuition, so I wouldn't worry about what they say tuition is, since I found everyone to be very flexible and understanding. You call them up after they are accepted at the yeshiva and have a conversation and they adjust the tuition. Note that for BMG you must fill out a FAFSA as well.

amother
  Waterlily

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 2:23 pm
Lots of first year beis medrish also require fafsa

amother
Lightgray

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 3:38 pm
I'd say the tuition in the 2 yeshivos we sent in North America were in the 14k-17k. When we needed a break they were bh very helpful.

Just keep in mind for EY yeshivos like the mir or brisk type yeshivos, although the yeshiva does often work with you re tuition breaks, many of the yeshivos do not provide dorms. In addition to whatever you pay there is rent and utilities which are non-negotiable. My son's current rent in EY is a bit more than $200 a month plus another $50-75 every 2 months for utilities.

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 4:17 pm
I have had similar experiences as most of the previous posters. We have a middle income salary and we usually let them know how much we can pay (probably around and they have worked with us. We also have sent to a few different BM both in Tri-state area and in Eretz Yisroel. Similar experience with Dira rent in EY, had to cheshbon that in separately.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics