Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Fish
ISO Recipe for Baked Salmon that tastes like Poached Salmon

Mevater  

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 7:08 pm
1- Does anyone bake their salmon and it comes out tasting like Poached Salmon?

2- Whats a simple recipe (no unique ingredients or sauces) for Baked Salmon , that tastes amazing cold?

rainbow dash

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 7:43 pm
I smear my fish with olive oil, add salt, pepper and parprika powder. A bit of water to the pan. Cover for 30 minutes, last 10 minutes uncovered.

tichellady  

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 7:52 pm
Slow roasted is similar. Needs to be very good fish

Mevater  

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 8:13 pm
tichellady wrote:
Slow roasted is similar. Needs to be very good fish

Im looking to bake my salmon, because I dont have my fish pot here.

What temp, how long?

tia

ra_mom

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 9:45 pm
Salmon en Papillote - each slice wrapped in its own parchment paper pouch. It's steams/poaches it.
400 for about 13 minutes?

Amarante  

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 9:57 pm
Slow Roasted Salmon is fool proof and produces a moist tender fish.

Serve with your favorite cold sauce - hollandaise variant is most traditional choice for poached salmon

Ingredients

1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 1/2 pounds thick salmon fillet, or other fish like striped bass or cod (1 large fillet or four 6-ounce fillets)
2 pinches kosher salt
1 small bunch of fresh thyme sprigs (optional)
3 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs, like chives (optional)
1/2 cup Greek yogurt, for serving (optional)

Preheat the oven to 275° F. Brush a baking dish lightly with half the olive oil.

Arrange the fish fillet(s) skin side-down in the pan. Rub the top with the remaining olive oil. Sprinkle lightly with salt. Tuck half the thyme sprigs under the fish and place the remainder on top.
Roast for 15 to 35 minutes, until a two-pronged kitchen fork inserted in the thickest part of the fish meets with no resistance, the flesh separates easily from the skin, and is just beginning to flake when you poke into it. An instant-read thermometer should read 120° F. (Don't worry if the top of the fish has a slightly transparent, raw look; this is the result of the low roasting temperature. It will be cooked inside.)

Serve warm, room temperature, or cold. Remove the thyme sprigs and sprinkle with additional fresh herbs, like chives before serving, if desired. Serve with Greek yogurt mixed with more herbs, or another sauce of your choice.

Mevater  

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 10:25 pm
Amarante wrote:
Slow Roasted Salmon is fool proof and produces a moist tender fish....

You think Id kill the recipe if I wanted to make the salmon sweet, and add sugar?

Amarante

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 10:26 pm
Mevater wrote:
You think Id kill the recipe if I wanted to make the salmon sweet, and add sugar?

You don’t need to cook it with sauce. Have the sauce on the side when you serve.

Mevater

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 10:32 pm
Amarante wrote:
You don’t need to cook it with sauce. Have the sauce on the side when you serve.

The poached salmon I eat and like, is poached in water with sugar in it.The salmon itself is sweet (not the sauce).

tichellady

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 10:49 pm
Mevater wrote:

I think you could try cooking it with honey

prettybee

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 12:04 am
Are you talking about Hungarian style cooked sweet salmon? I just combine all of the ingredients I would use for the sauce in a container (hot water, sugar, lemon), season fish in a disposable pan w salt/spices (and slice raw onion if you like), and then pour sauce over the fish. Bake at 350 for 1-2 hrs depending on how soft you like it. Let cool and put in fridge. Tastes even better after a day or two marinated in the fridge- I make it Wednesday right when I get home from the grocery/fish store and it’s yum for shabbos!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics