Where is my money going???
Previous  1  2

amother
  Yellow

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 3:39 pm
Amarante wrote:
How does it work for cash or checks?

Is this for credit card purchases?

Credit cards are the easiest to track because you have all of the purchases on-line for tracking.

I used Quicken years ago to track tax deductible stuff but for the most part I still had to categorize it when I entered the item in the ledger.

You can connect your checking account and it will track cash and checks. You’ll have to categorize those on your own because the app has no way of knowing what you used it for. But everything else with a few exceptions is automatically categorized by the app.

I don’t use cash or checks often anyways.

Amarante

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 3:44 pm
amother Yellow wrote:
You can connect your checking account and it will track cash and checks. You’ll have to categorize those on your own because the app has no way of knowing what you used it for. But everything else with a few exceptions is automatically categorized by the app.

I don’t use cash or checks often anyways.

Just curious as almost all of my expenses are either autopay through my account or through my credit card with an occasional credit card purchase and a few zelle or Venmo thrown in.

So it's relatively easy for me to determine where money is being spent if I needed to track because it about 99% of it is already there online.

In the "old" days I did pay through check or even cash and it was much more difficult to keep track of expenditures as I would often forget to write down the check amount at the store and there was no online website where you can track everything almost immediately.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics