Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
S/o How do you leave your airbnb?
1  2  3  4  5  Next

How do you leave your Airbnb/vacation rental?
Spotless clean, exactly how I got it  
 21%  [ 64 ]
Medium clean, I make the beds but don’t sweep the floors  
 18%  [ 55 ]
Visibly clean but I don’t make the beds  
 46%  [ 138 ]
We pack up and leave, there’s a cleaning fee for a reason  
 13%  [ 41 ]
Total Votes : 298

amother
OP  

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 3:40 pm
The other thread regarding damages in an Airbnb got me curious how people leave the rental after they leave..

amother
Navyblue  

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 3:43 pm
Clean up, take out the garbage, make a pile of dirty towels and do whatever they say to do with the linens.

amother
Purple  

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 3:48 pm
One of the reasons we rather go with hotels than airbnb is after the amou t they make you clean up it is just not worth it for us. And that's with ridiculous cleaning fees as well.

If I need to wash the linens and towels, all the floors make sure the place is absolutely perfect It's not much of a vacation

Molly Weasley  

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 3:57 pm
As tidy as possible.

Only as long as they keep a broom etc around.

I don't go overboard

UQT

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 3:59 pm
If I’m paying $500 to clean the house I’m not spending three hours cleaning. I throw rhr garbage in the garbage and leave.

amother
Ivory  

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 4:03 pm
If there’s a cleaning fee, I do nothing. Obviously I’m not a slob and I won’t leave food around the house or on the counters, everything will be in the garbage. But I’m not making beds or sweeping or taking garbage outside

I’m surprised so many people clean when they also pay someone else to clean

amother
Midnight

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 4:04 pm
They usually have instructions like put everything in the dishwasher and take out garage etc

I try to follow everything but I do think some of the instructions are a chutzpah sometimes.

Once the beds weren’t made when we came. There were clean sheets nearby. Apparently we had to pay extra for them to be made and they forgot to specify 😆

The owners are requiring more from you and less from themselves more and more.

amother
  Navyblue

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 4:06 pm
The instructions are usually written out so you know before you rent the house what they expect. If you don't want to do what they ask then don't rent that house. I agree some of the expectations are overboard so I don't rent those houses.

amother
  Purple

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 4:16 pm
We once stayed in an airbnb where we got a scathing review. Out crime? We left a water bottle on the table (we forgot to take it along) and a diaper in the garbage.

This was not a typical apartment so there wasn't anywhere to take the garbage out to. The rule was any garbage that didn't fit in the can you needed to take out with you, whcih we did. But in the garbage we left in the can we left a diaper.

amother
  Ivory

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 4:21 pm
amother Purple wrote:
We once stayed in an airbnb where we got a scathing review. Out crime? We left a water bottle on the table (we forgot to take it along) and a diaper in the garbage.

This was not a typical apartment so there wasn't anywhere to take the garbage out to. The rule was any garbage that didn't fit in the can you needed to take out with you, whcih we did. But in the garbage we left in the can we left a diaper.

Good thing you can leave reviews right back

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 4:25 pm
Never noticed there are instructions.

We clean up a bit and leave. That’s all.

amother
Wisteria

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 4:27 pm
Leaving now. I made the beds (me though there’s no lint, it’s going to get washed), took out all the trash and swept. I washed the dishes and threw out all our leftover food and cleaned the counters.

amother
Buttercup  

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 4:28 pm
amother Wisteria wrote:
Leaving now. I made the beds (me though there’s no lint, it’s going to get washed), took out all the trash and swept. I washed the dishes and threw out all our leftover food and cleaned the counters.

I’m truly curious why you would make the beds, or even sweep. They’re going to wash all the linens and the floors (hopefully). So what’s the point?! Plus as others have mentioned you’re literally paying a cleaning fee.

asmileaday  

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 4:28 pm
I would've selected medium clean but I don't think I make the beds, I don't remember. We definitely take the garbage out, sweep up, wipe down the counters, put toys and everything else away as we found it.
I think it's mentchlich.
I'm not washing floors though. Just decently clean.
It doesn't take that much effort and it makes the hosts less likely to try to find something bad to say about you.
We've only gotten great reviews from hosts.

amother
  Buttercup  

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 4:32 pm
asmileaday wrote:
I would've selected medium clean but I don't think I make the beds, I don't remember. We definitely take the garbage out, sweep up, wipe down the counters, put toys and everything else away as we found it.
I think it's mentchlich.
I'm not washing floors though. Just decently clean.
It doesn't take that much effort and it makes the hosts less likely to try to find something bad to say about you.
We've only gotten great reviews from hosts.

I’ve also only gotten great reviews and I never sweep, wipe counters or make beds. Or anything remotely like that.

ra_mom  

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 4:33 pm
We made sure everything was back in place, piled up the towels in one heap, and made sure there was no trash anywhere.

The host hadn't specified that we had to clean, and we paid a lot in cleaning fees, so we left it the way we leave a hotel room- which is everything in place and ready to clean.

asmileaday

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 4:37 pm
ra_mom wrote:
We made sure everything was back in place, piled up the towels in one heap, and made sure there was no trash anywhere.

The host hadn't specified that we had to clean, and we paid a lot in cleaning fees, so we left it the way we leave a hotel room- which is everything in place and ready to clean.

I can hear that. I don't know, I just feel funny leaving sticky counters behind or tons of crumbs and food on the floor.
Maybe if I'd go with only older kids I wouldn't sweep.
But last time we went, a few families together, there were 15 kids in total including toddlers and babies. You couldn't walk the floor without stepping into something.
I was embarrassed for my own self to leave it like that. So I just swept it up.

amother
Ultramarine

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 4:41 pm
I left Airbnb today and this is what I did;
Made all the beds (I know they're gonna strip the linen but I want it to have a clean look)
Swept kitchen floor
Wiped down toilets/sinks/counters/table with lysol wipes and cleaned the drains
Took out all the garbage
Put all towels in laundry basket
Made sure every last toy and item was back in its place

I know this might be overkill but I want to make sure the host leaves a good review about us

amother
  Buttercup  

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 4:43 pm
amother Ultramarine wrote:
I left Airbnb today and this is what I did;
Made all the beds (I know they're gonna strip the linen but I want it to have a clean look)
Swept kitchen floor
Wiped down toilets/sinks/counters/table with lysol wipes and cleaned the drains
Took out all the garbage
Put all towels in laundry basket
Made sure every last toy and item was back in its place

I know this might be overkill but I want to make sure the host leaves a good review about us

I feel like I’m living in alternate universe. Hosts give perfect reviews for way less.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 5:37 pm
asmileaday wrote:
I can hear that. I don't know, I just feel funny leaving sticky counters behind or tons of crumbs and food on the floor.
Maybe if I'd go with only older kids I wouldn't sweep.
But last time we went, a few families together, there were 15 kids in total including toddlers and babies. You couldn't walk the floor without stepping into something.
I was embarrassed for my own self to leave it like that. So I just swept it up.

We definitely didn't leave sticky counters or crumby floors because we cleared up after ourselves after each meal. We were there for a few days.
But it did need a deep clean and I didn't do that.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics