Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
If you’re a manager…
Previous  1  2

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Aug 28 2024, 8:32 pm
lol for all of us working for control freaks that need to be cced on every single email. Been like this for years and years ....

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 2:16 am
I get a daily end of day report and we are in contact throughout the day.

I know people use task boards like Clickup or Monday so you can see the status of different projects. There are also time tracking websites that take screenshots throughout the day.

kermit

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 1:40 pm
We use "paymo" to track what we're working on throughout the day at my office.

Our managers can login at any point and see what we've done so far that day -- even what we're currently working on bc the timer is running. if I have downtime, I 'time' what I'm doing (ex. I put in a task "researching" "taking online workshop on xyz".) I don't time bathroom or lunch.

it's just to give my managers an overall idea of what everyone's doing.

they also send us tasks through it, and do a rough map of what they'd like us to accomplish during that week, which they review with us at the start of every week, Monday morning.

amother
Crocus

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 3:44 pm
We work in 2-week time sprints. There's no micro-managing on a daily basis but everyone has to provide a status update after 2 weeks. And the company policy is very clear that those who perform well (and that includes velocity) are the employees that receive raises and bonuses.

So there is a accountability, but not in a micro-managing type of way. I have experienced a couple of embarrassing situations where a worker slacked off and at the end of the 2 weeks nothing was ready, and the team who had requested the work was upset. In those cases I make it clear the employee that I need to be informed immediately if there's any sort of delay, especially since I can help them sort out any blockers.

safetynet1

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 4:48 pm
I don't actively monitor their progress because the "work" provides automatic feedback if tasks are incomplete or done incorrectly. That's just the type of workplace it is.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics