Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Termites - ISO pest control company

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 7:11 am
Can someone recommend an excellent company in Lakewood. We for sure have termites. Help!!!

unknown2

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 7:43 am
Best would be to call down the company that has the dogs they can sense if it’s in your walls or just outside your house meaning they haven’t done any damage yet to the interior wall also termites usually come around change of weather April

amother
Tomato

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 8:25 am
Pest plus is great!

amother
Cyan  

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 9:13 am
Very important with termites.

Once you have a termite problem, aside from having it treated you need to sign a contract/guarantee with them so that you are protected in case they come back. You also need to make sure the beams and walls of your home are not damaged.

We live in a swampy area- the owners we bought the house from had terrible damage. They had a contract with Orkin and we took it over once we bought the house. We had them come for yearly inspections and when we did notice activity they came down and retreated for free.

It’s possible that one of the local companies can do the same but a yearly contract is very important.

amother
Trillium

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 10:13 am
I haven't used Pest Plus for termites, but I use them for other things. They're effective, responsive, and stand behind their work.

I have an annual contract with them for a whole list of bugs. They treat a few times a year, but if I see any bugs between treatments (rarely happens bh!) they come back and retreat.

amother
  Cyan

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 11:12 am
So termites are very different than standard bugs as they can cause use property damage- in our house the damaged caused warped and corroded beams. You can’t just spray and they disappear. The treatment varies but we had an underground bate system which can cost around $1k. If you are spending $1k you would want an annual contract where they guarantee their treatment. This is especially important if you ever want to sell your home

Echinacea

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 4:44 pm
@cyan. My impression was most termite damage is undectectable as it is internal and not always visible. Can you elaborate what the damage was when you say it was extensive. Was it visible? Was it easy to repair? Would love to know firsthand since the termite companies try to scare you with worse case scenarios. Ty!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries